Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Scheduling ideas for kinship  (Read 2794 times)
Hosklar

View Profile
« on: January 08, 2010, 09:34:36 AM »

I hope that everyone had a great Christmas and wonderful new year. 

LittleBear has been looking at her schedule and realizing that this is an insanely busy time of year for her at work, so she won't be doing turtle runs much anymore.  I thought it might be a good time to transition into some new kinship activities, and here's what I was thinking.  Go ahead and give feedback please, it will be much appreciated.

Monday night instance night

We can, with a fair amount of ease, pull together 1 or 2 teams and work on the 3 man dol guldur instances.  This will help to make sure that people are getting their +25 radiance pieces of equipment.  For the most part they are fairly flexible with what you can bring in, etc.  There is a lot of settings and IXP in these places as well, and they can be a lot of fun, so it's great all around.

Wednesday night skirmish night

I enjoy skirmishes, but let's face it, they can feel grindy.  I'm thinking with groups of 3's, 6's or maybe even a 12, we can add a whole lot of excitement to these challenges.  And everyone will always need skirmish marks to either improve their soldier, or to trade in for scrolls, and such.

Saturday night raid night

This will be a little more advanced.  It won't really be a kinship event, as I usually draw on friends from other kinships and our Leithrim alliance.  There are a lot of prerequisites to do the raids,, but with time we will endeavour to get as many people involved as possible.

So, that's it.  Make suggestions, comment, whatever.  Most of all, have fun!!
Little Bear

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 08:28:53 AM »

I really like the schedule you have proposed in part because it helps to balance all the various needs a character might have.  With week nights being more limited for some people the instances and skirmish are excellent to have on nights with more limited time availability.  With the flexibility in participants it makes it easier to start new groups as people log in and become available.

Though I can't participate during the next several months for anything Monday - Thursday nights I think this is a great transition.

LB
Digger
Global Moderator

Aiyee, tis a hobbit's life for me

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 01:56:35 PM »

With my current work schedule, I am bound to Sundays.  Is there any way to move one of these events to Sunday?  If I am the only one who can't make Mon, Wed, Sat, then I will simply press onward.  Hopefully, there are others who would prefer to use Sunday evenings over Saturdays.

Digger
Morlocrond

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2010, 05:44:45 AM »

Hosklar and all,

When I am able to play on Mondays I can lead a SH group once or twice.  This would just be easy mode, my lag is always an issue ( and lately its gotten worse) so HM would be out for a group i would take in to SH.  I cant say any group makeup will work but i will give it a try with anyone who wishes to try.

Digger if I am on Sunday's i would gladly try to help out one or two of your chars with a SH run.  Or just getting you caught up with quests and such if needed.  Or help out anyone else for that matter.  If you dont mind grouping with a laggy Hunter i will help out as much as i can.

Good day to you all,

Morlocrond the Unhorsed
Digger
Global Moderator

Aiyee, tis a hobbit's life for me

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2010, 09:16:22 AM »

Mighty Unhorsed,

You know that I always enjoy your company and aid.  See you Sunday.

Digger
Imara

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2010, 01:41:48 PM »

Amazingly Monday nights might be semi-regularly attendable for me!  I won't make it tonight but it will be awesome to have guild events I can make with some regularity.
Orophor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2010, 12:58:19 PM »

With Hosklar gone, I think we're going to need some volunteers to organize and lead these events if we wish to keep them scheduled. Are there any interested in picking up this torch?

O
Chritien

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2010, 02:52:29 PM »

I can Help out any night other then Monday I am in PST so just let me know what time would be best and i'll make sure i'm there to lead or lend my Spear in aiding the fight.

You can contact me on google hangouts at barbara@barbara.pro If you'd like my Cell number to be able to text me send a PM and i'll be happy to give it to you.
Orophor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2010, 03:07:06 PM »

Great Chritien. Is there a specific activity you would like to try your hand at organizing, such as the Skirmishes, a Turtle-raid, etc.? Once we have a rough idea of the goal we can work on getting the team together.

In terms of scheduling so far Digger's work schedule leaves him only Sundays, Loraq wants more Monday activities, and you can make any day other than Monday. Traditionally, we've run a Wednesday night and Friday night raid, but given that we're trying out new things that too is flexible.
Chritien

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2010, 03:20:22 PM »

I would like to try a Turtle Run, and I can do Skirmishes as well I and I am more then willing to do SH with anyone though that one is only a 3 man.

You can contact me on google hangouts at barbara@barbara.pro If you'd like my Cell number to be able to text me send a PM and i'll be happy to give it to you.
Orophor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2010, 03:51:44 PM »

Sounds good. I have a guardian, captain and minstrel that I can go as depending on what is most needed for the group. If you want to attempt a 12-person team like the Turtle, I would suggest some sign-ups going in the quests board, like the ones Littlebear had. You will need at least a tank of some sort, two minstrels, some buff/debuffers like LMs, captains, or burglars, and LOTS of DPS. +acid resist gear helps, but I don't think it is mandatory.
Mithasul
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2010, 05:38:35 PM »

Hello:

I think we should go back to the practice of posting here what we need or like to do.  For example take Chritien interest in doing a Turtle Run.  Lets pick a day and establish a a basic group (2 minstrel, 2 captains, guard, champion, LM, ect.) and have people sign up on the class that it is open.  The other is request for help.  If anyone needs to work on epics please post it by picking a day and time.  Just a suggestion.

Our website is a very useful tool that we do not use enough.

I am open to assist anyone that needs it but I need to know it.  I have almost one of each class (working on a burglar and captain.  Warden is a bit complicated for my taste and I feel like doing homework when I play it)  So lets post what we need.  I think it should be very cool if everyone is done with Book 1.  So we have a day like Epic Tuesday and that day we meet and work on everyones epics that day.

Just an ideas.

At your service,

Mith and Co.
Amryth

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2010, 08:45:04 AM »

I'd be willing to put together a team for SG--maybe Sunday evening or Wednesday night. Should we be posting this kind of thing under "quests" or elsewhere?
Imara

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2010, 03:21:29 PM »

Sunday evenings I might be available now and again, otherwise as usual weekends for me typically are busy.  More than happy to lend a hand here and there as needed while I'm around though.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: