Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to make money in Lotro  (Read 1679 times)
Ariadan

View Profile
« on: January 18, 2008, 09:34:59 AM »

Has anyone heard of the Norwood Trading Company?  They are selling a guide on how to make money in Lotro.

Since I've never had much money I thought this might be worth a shot?

Perpetually broke,
Ariadan

P.S.  I am no doubt a skeptic but saw the link on the Strength in Numbers website.
Celebrim

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 11:05:22 AM »

Tarlwyn has posted an excellent resource in this folder called "Filling the Purse". It will have almost the same information as any of the online resources you are going to spend RL money on. Primarily these online resources rehash the idea of gathering resources and selling these resources either through the Trade channel or on the AH.

Celebrim
Hosklar

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 11:09:33 AM »

Celebrim, you took the words right out of my mouth.  I was going to point Ariadan in just such a direction.  Although our good friend Digger has stopped short of one of his most important lessons, which is how to find customers.  But I can forgive him of that since he tends to over extend himself  Wink
Orophor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 11:22:23 AM »

Because their forum is a free-hosted one, they get advertisements from outside sponsors that they do not select. Given that, you get some unsavory links in some of those ads. Caveat emptor.

That said, honestly I think Irreth has the right idea, take your level 50 to Dol Dinen and go after the combatants, they drop around 12 silver each, and an hour hunting them could net you a gold easy.
Hosklar

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2008, 11:26:28 AM »

Or I will take you turtle hunting with me and we can share the drops.  Last time in about 2 hours I got 8 claws.  that is anywhere between 4-8 Gold depending on the markets.  I had Aldramed make some nice jewelry with the claws, but either way, they are worth a lot.
Ariadan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2008, 12:06:43 PM »

Turtle hunting sounds fun as long as I don't have to suck any eggs!! Wink
Orophor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2008, 12:11:00 PM »

Well to each their own, but I find the hassle and variance of the auction house or trade channel to be a nuisance. Also my repair bills from the turtles are much higher than the gray elite orcs.
Hosklar

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2008, 12:19:51 PM »

That is true Orophor.  but there is just something about killing turtles that makes me happy.  I think ever since the Tomb of Elendil and seeing that huge turtle, I feel this great need to destroy the lot of them.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: