A time to homestead

<< < (4/5) > >>

Orophor:
My own impression is this: When we selected Tum Raen, it was not empty. My theory is that the vacancies we see came from those early adopters that first moved into our homestead.

As people realize the expenses of housing upkeep outweighs what they see as the benefits, they leave the neighborhoods. In turn, those vacancies enable others that wanted to live in that neighborhood to move in, which then creates more vacancies where they used to live. Finally, there is the matter of ratios between house types. Few kinships are not large enough to fill a single neighborhood, yet there are four kinhalls. Likewise the cost of a deluxe house (150 silver/week on average) is not too much more than a standard (50 silver/week) so there is a much greater demand for deluxe houses than there is a supply, creating a lot of half-full neighborhoods, where the deluxe houses are gone, but there are standard and kinhalls open.

Some combination of these factors I suspect is why we're having vacancies in Tum Raen, and I have seen similar numbers at Thorin's Hall, Bree and The Shire as well.

It's not a bad thing though, since the attrition allows our kin that had not joined before we homesteaded a chance to share our neighborhood. Eventually it's my hope that the whole neighborhood is our kin or allied role-playing kins.

Aelanor:
It is  just as well some are moving out.  When Book 12 goes live I will need to buy a larger house so that Finnan and Eldora can have their own rooms. My small house would be a crowded place.

Staffen:
I had wondered about the homestead as well when I first visited the kinship hall. As wonderful of a place as it is, the area seemed rather inactive. This could very well be a blessing in disguise, however, since I was able to buy a home next-door to the kinship hall.

I suspect we'll get some more folk soon.

That being said everyone in the kinship is welcome into my home, bare though it is at the moment.

-Staffen of Dale

((On a side note, I was actually on the lotro forums last week and I noticed a lot of threads about dissatisfaction with the housing feature(s) and home owners obviously have dropped off after having tried it out. I think most people had an issue with upkeep, which is odd since that is one of the first things I noticed about housing.))

Imara:
Quote from: Staffen on February 08, 2008, 10:06:57 AM

((On a side note, I was actually on the lotro forums last week and I noticed a lot of threads about dissatisfaction with the housing feature(s) and home owners obviously have dropped off after having tried it out. I think most people had an issue with upkeep, which is odd since that is one of the first things I noticed about housing.))

I enjoy the housing, but I have to admit, as someone who is not on constantly the upkeep costs do kind of stink.  On the other hand you need only play very rarely to manage to keep up.

Orophor:
We're down to five standard houses in Tum Raen, so if you are looking to homestead near kin and our Silver Willow friends, now is the time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page