Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: saw your post on LOTRO forum  (Read 1955 times)
Davo

View Profile
« on: May 30, 2007, 08:34:15 AM »

Greetings Elven kind and friends,

Although I miss my family, I am living amongst the hobbits.  The landscape of my homeland, tho beautiful, is a bit taxing to navigate.  More than a few times I've landed in a heap at the bottom of some sharp hill.  Yep, I'm a bit awkward.  I find the hobbits generally delightful, if somewhat delusional with their unwavering cheerfulness. Smiley

OOC:  Penerandir, level 12 Minstrel (he's tone deaf)
         Mercadis, level 10 Captain

If offered a friendship, I will gladly accept.
Orophor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 09:06:55 AM »

Elen sla lmenn' omentielvo Penerandir.

We would be glad to welcome you to our kinship.

In these days of growing darkness, the Shirelings joy of simple things can be refreshing, though I would not forsake the beauty of Imladris for such plain lands. If you find yourself lacking the usual grace of the Eldar, perhaps it is because you are too hurried. We can not bind ourselves to the pace of Man, Halfling or Dwarf, for their bloom is brief where we are evergreen. Focus only on those things that are important and abide in the lasting realms of the Firstborn away from the busy and crowded places. I suspect you will be much restored and will again know the grace which is your birthright as an elf.

Orophor
Davo

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 01:40:08 PM »

*bows*
Thank you Orophor.  You are right.  I have spent my days hurriedly seeking that which comes easily with time.  I am yet a child who needs to learn.  I shall travel to Imladris this very night and view my homeland again with new eyes.

OOC:  Folks I failed to mention I only have a dialup connection.  I live in the sticks of Alabama and dialup is the only thing I can get.  Even my satellite stayed down so much I finally had it disconnected.  So there will be times when I won't be able to group (peak times for sure) but will help out whenever possible.  If you had rather not have someone in your kinship on dialup I understand.
Orophor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 05:32:58 PM »

ooc: I have fellowed with people playing in Iraq via dial-up, and while they had some lag-issues it was still playable. I don't foresee dial-up being a problem for kinship membership. I added both your characters to my friend-list and will look for you in-game.
Davo

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2007, 01:49:21 AM »

OOC:  Oddly enough tonight I had no problems with lag spikes until maybe 1:00 AM or so my time.  Hopefully whenever we get together to do something it will be one of the "good times."  I didn't realize when I asked to join how high level you guys are.  Thanks again for inviting me and I won't be bugging you for every little MOB I can't kill.  Many of them I can just wait until I level a bit.  I polished off the gobbie at the vinyard tonight but he was tough enough with his buddies.  Still I'd like to work on Penerandir's crafting.  He's a jeweler and I think I might really need some assistance later on for that.

On a dif subject I like how you mix RP and OOC in kinship talk.  If everything you say has to be RP'd it makes things like saying hello or goodnight seem kinda ridiculous.
Kierin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2007, 08:56:57 AM »

Mae govannen Penerandir, My name is Ellandrian and I too am living away from our kin, though instead of dwelling amidst the hobbits of the shire I am aiding my dwarven friends with their efforts to to reinhabit Ered Luin and Thorin's Hall.

I am a hunter and a woodsman, and I think that we may have a similar level of experience in the world, so if you are ever looking for a traveling companion please do not hesitate to ask.

I also have an excellent friend, who while he is of the dwarven kind has on rare occasion been polite and good company.  He has seen more of the world than I have, but I am sure that he would be also willing to be of aid to you should you need it.  His name is Kierin.  And while it seems that he and I are never available to explore the world together at the same time and in the same place we are in constant communicaiton by the mail system recently installed in Eriador.  (He is always sending me hides to boil... why the poor dwarf cannot figure out how to do something so simple is beyond me.)
Davo

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2007, 06:45:56 PM »

Mae govannen Ellandrian, It would be my pleasure to accompany you around the lands of the shire.  Not only have I found myself in predicaments which I cannot handle alone but it is fine indeed to have a traveling companion.  On two occasions I have hobbits I need to protect while destroying their enemies and yet I cannot do it.  The hobbits flee for their lives and so I must approach these hobbits and try again.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: