LotRO World Transfers

(1/17) > >>

Endingwen:
https://www.lotro.com/en/game/articles/world-transfers

Of the 29 servers, 5 US and 5 EU will remain.

Timeline:

August 3, 2015: the list of worlds that will be closed will be available Character Creation on the worlds that will be closing will be turned off The new Transfer Service will become available (free)Gift box with a "Title Picker Box “Of <World> with choice of any of the 29 worlds, hooded and hoodless variants of a cloak, and a housing banner decoration"
October 1, 2015:
"transfers between the remaining ten will once again become paid, however transfers off of the impacted worlds will remain free indefinitely"
January 1, 2016:
Impacted worlds will become unavailable
Logistics:
Naming:
"With the new transfer process, when you transfer your character to a new world, the world will check to see if there is a naming conflict. If there is, it will grant the name to the incoming character if the character existing on the world has not been active for one year or more. The less active character will have a -1 added to their name and a rename token granted to the character. (Rename tokens have no expiration date.)"What can/will be transferred:  
Kinships: "complete with all historical data. Players who were in that same kin will be instantly added to the kin on the new world if they decide to follow the Kin leader"Account shared currency (Mithril Coins & skirmish marks), shared storage, housing storage, wardrobe, Destiny points
I suggest a meeting after the world closures are announced to discuss which server Tinnu should be moved to  :'(

Digger:
My dear kinfolks,

I am just starting to read the transfer announcement now.  I do think we should use this thread to plan and decide rather than one meeting.  

We need to pick a world and figure out how to get our kinhall and stuff over and ready as well as get our kinship up and registered in the new world.  So a list of tasks to investigate and to do is needed.  This will require quite a bit of planning and prep, so I urge us not to delay too long.

Couple of notes:  All wallet items (festival tokens, taxidermy, etc) transfer with character.  Kin leaders move first then those in kinship are already joined if they choose so.  Kinhall bound items return to owners.  Friends lists must be remade.  Emails will be sent to all who have an account advising them to check with kin on destination and plans.  Home items bound return to owners.  And so much more coming now...

Let's begin the conversation here with which world and what needs to be done?  Okay?

Digger
a worried hobbit

Digger:
Just another thought about our allies and how do we find out where they are going?  Like SiN, etc.

Digger

Kethrandir:
Thank you for posting this, Endingwen (what a day for me to be on travel!).  And thank you, Digger, for your early comments!

This is truly a big deal.  Now that we have some detailed information, it is indeed time to have a conversation about how we, as a kinship, would like to proceed.  A couple recommendations to you all:
Please read the article on world transfers that Endingwen posted.  It's filled with important information we all need to be aware of and consider.Please glance through some of the responses various Devs have posted in the world transfers thread, starting here:  https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?&postid=7409721#post7409721
Most importantly, if you intend to remain with the kin (as I hope you all do!), please consider and share with us all your preferred destination server for Tinnu.  Five US servers are planned for retention.  The servers which will remain open are Brandywine, Arkenstone, Landroval (currently the US RP server), Gladden, and Crickhollow [edited with official info].  As the Devs have noted in the links above, Brandywine likely won't be a option for transfers.

I would very much like to hear from you all on this issue.  I realize that this is a period of great uncertainty, but the closing of Nimrodel seems all but certain.  I've said before that I'll continue playing LotRO until the final server is closed, but it is not this day!  I see many wonderful days ahead for the Tinnu uin Galadhrim.  Like baking a pie or assaulting Carn Dum, our path forward just requires some planning!

Keth

Endingwen:
I think the discussion will be easier to have after next Monday when we know which servers will remain open.  Here are [current?] server stats, for those interested:
http://lotroaltfinder.net/statistics.html

I think my preference would be to join an RP server, but I'll follow Tinnu wherever we go  :)

Edit:  I found these charts comparing server populations: http://lotrocommunity.com/forum/topic/3628-update-on-transfersserver-consolidations/?page=3#comment-118676 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page