Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  
Author Topic: Goodsongs Are Slowing Down  (Read 9212 times)
Ariadan

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 29, 2014, 08:33:37 AM »

You need to get used to quickslots.  By using potions and food, you increase the output of your damage, the output of any healing skills, increase regeneration of health, stamina and magika, etc.

Also, the more skill points you use for crafting the less you have for your other skills.  I will be playing a Redguard Nightblade that will dual wield and use a bow.  My crafts will be alchemy and blacksmithing.

Since no one else is taking blacksmithing yet.  I will have to create an alt that will use it so that I have a crafting buddy to gain more inspiration (XP).  He will probably be a Dragonknight tank.

Ariadan
Digger
Global Moderator

Aiyee, tis a hobbit's life for me

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 29, 2014, 08:40:54 AM »

I read that with armor early on (before lvl 20) we should mix it to get the most advancement of our skills.  Only 3 pieces are required for a 'full' set so the advice was for medium armor chars wear 1 light sash, 1 heavy pauldrons, and the rest medium.  That way all will advance in skill and value to us.  And bonuses for light like magicka also work well.  Same approach for others using light and heavy armor.  Use one of each off kind, the rest main kind.  Also skills on the slot bar level faster; so put our impt skills on the bar and wait for 15 to get 2 bars.

Let's go Ebonheart to aid Ariadan's guild for the start as long as we can be any race.  All agreed?

I posted a good tip link on our Tree Friends site under Helpful Sites.  Please add more links.

Digger
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 08:43:57 AM by Digger » Logged
Baridoc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: March 29, 2014, 08:58:17 AM »

Sounds good!  I'll see you in Ebonhart on Sunday afternoon. 

Love...  Bari
Ariadan

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 29, 2014, 09:46:27 AM »

Here's some other tips:

1) Open your secondary weapon set by equipping the weapon at 1st level and killing something with it.  Then switch to your main weapon.  This will enable you to level both skills even when you aren't using the secondary weapon.  For example, my main weapon set is dual wield and my secondary is bow.  I will equip my bow and kill something with it to open the Bow line skill called Poison Arrow.  You acquire a second weapon set at level 15.

2) Stamina is important for block, dodge and crowd control.  Don't run out of it.

3) Put a point in each of your weapon lines earlier on in order to start leveling them all.

4) Early on skill points are rare.  You can gain more by finding sky shards and running 4 player dungeons.

5) Acquire as many passive skills as possible but don't neglect your other skills.

6) Find a crafting buddy.

7) The best way to level is by completing quests.

Ariadan

*****I also posted this on the new website****
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 10:57:26 AM by Ariadan » Logged
Digger
Global Moderator

Aiyee, tis a hobbit's life for me

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 12, 2014, 12:46:29 PM »

Will you be joining us, Keth and Endi?  If so, we would be delighted to aid your start.

Digger
Baridoc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: April 12, 2014, 07:32:24 PM »

Will you be joining us, Keth and Endi?  If so, we would be delighted to aid your start.

Digger

Absolutely!! We really miss you and wish you would join us in Tamirel.

Love always....
Bari
Kethrandir
Administrator

Auta i lome!

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 12, 2014, 08:24:19 PM »

I had been looking forward to ESO's launch for many, many months, yet now that it's available, I can't seem to muster the enthusiasm!  The idea of starting a whole new MMO is too much for me at this point.  Summer-time activities are warming up (backpacking, camping, flyfishing, photography, travel...), work is busy, Endingwen is busy, and I'm still enjoying the games I already have.   I'm genuinely glad you all are enjoying your time in Tamriel... from what I saw during beta, it's a spectacular game!  I do miss seeing the three of you, though.  Hopefully our paths cross more often in the future!

Keth

The House of Keth:  Kethrandir (HTR), Kerephor (MNS), Kethuthir (WDN), Kethras (LM), Kethorin (GRD), Baema (CPT), Borage (BRG)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to: