Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Goodsongs Are Slowing Down  (Read 9651 times)
Baridoc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2014, 09:11:11 AM »

We can apply the updates directly to our Beta versions starting today.  This is so we are ready on Sunday next.  Download goes fast till around 80% done and then takes awhile to complete.  Allow time.

Digger

Thanks for the heads up! Am already downloading. However, I may not be around til a bit later on Sunday. I'll be attending the Emerald City Comic-con all weekend and staying at a downtown hotel. My best friend and I are dressing up as Sam and Frodo again!!

Should be in Tamirel late Sunday afternoon or early evening. Gosh, I hope I can get the name Perigil... but in any case my UserID will be Galan. The TESO customer service people arranged for me to have my beta name for live content. Woot! Let me know here what all your userid's are so we can find each other in game?

Plus... I wanted to raise a couple questions. 1.) Since there is no audio chat in TESO... Huh?  (and isn't THAT stupid!) I'd be willing to pay for a Ventrilo server for us to use to audio chat. It's cheap. 2.) Any thoughts on Guild names? Somehow Tinnu-uin-galadhrim doesn't seem right.

With all Hobbity love and affection...
Bari..

Ariadan

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2014, 03:36:00 PM »

I like the fact that we can be in multiple guilds.  As I said earlier, I will be the Gaiscioch guild but also want to be in yours as well.  Check out their first issue of their magazine: www.gaiscioch.com/magazine/

I am required to be in the Ebonheart Pact for their guild.  It would be good if we also could be in Ebonheart.

Ariadan
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 05:00:04 PM by Ariadan » Logged
Baridoc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2014, 06:42:40 AM »

I like the fact that we can be in multiple guilds.  As I said earlier, I will be the Gaiscioch guild but also want to be in yours as well.  Check out their first issue of their magazine: www.gaiscioch.com/magazine/

I am required to be in the Ebonheart Pact for their guild.  It would be good if we also could be in Ebonheart.

Ariadan

Hmmmm.. I had thought we were going to start in the Daggerfall Covenant. Digger? Keth? Do let me know where we decide to begin so I can take my character there once I get home and get started. doesn't really matter to me. And it may be a good idea for Keth(?? whoever) to form a guild once we get in game. There are advantages... like the guild bank.

Hobbity affections to all...
Bari...
Ariadan

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2014, 07:07:10 AM »

Bari,

This is the last post that I saw from you concerning faction:

The case for the Ebonheart Pact.

IF it does indeed turn out to be the case that any race can play for ANY alliance, I would like to make the case that we begin in the Ebonheart Pact. I've played all three alliances and to me the Ebonheart Pact starter areas are the most beautiful overall, have the most resources and the most engaging quests.

Just my 2 Hobbity cents.

Bari....
Ariadan

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2014, 07:12:47 AM »

Here's what I know about what classes and crafts you are thinking of utilizing:

Bari - Sorceror (woodworking and clothing)
Digger - Templar? (metalsmithing)
Keth - Huh

My questions would be what type of Sorceror and Termplar are you planning on playing? DPS, tanky, healer, something else?  I'm finding the choices of characters to be almost overwhelming due to the fact that we can play them anyway that we desire.  I want to be useful in both PvE and PvP but not to the point of worrying about theorycrafting my character.

Ariadan
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 08:02:22 AM by Ariadan » Logged
Digger
Global Moderator

Aiyee, tis a hobbit's life for me

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2014, 09:15:29 AM »

I have been doing some research on my race and class.  I think I will be a Templar again but I will also build a Nightblade.  The Templar is called Uthane with userid Tarlwyn, and the Nightblade is Al'Darja.  Templar need magicka so Breton seems right, and should we be able to choose any race, my Nightblade will be a Wood Elf for the bows.  Crafts are changing for me.  I really need both of these to focus on medium armor, so clothing is the craft with the Nightblade also choosing woodworking and the Templar going with Enchantment.  Both will use Provisioning.  The Alliance of Daggerfall appeals to me most because I know a little about the area, but I can be swayed.  However, Nords are mainly melee chars and tanks, and I won't be a dark elf, cat or lizard cause I can't get my head around such chars.  I would like to start with Daggerfall.

Meanwhile, I am working on the guild site problem and my have a solution later this week that also includes Ventrillo.  I needed a name which I don't have, so I just went with Friends of the Trees for now.  That can be changed later, I think.  Soon as I have a site up, I will let you all know.  We have been busy using the Tinnu site and that is kind of them to let us, but we need our own place, I think.

Digger
Ariadan

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2014, 09:27:11 AM »

Digger,

Are you planning on using your Templar to heal?  Also, I believe that you can now pick any race you like without being restricted by the alliance chosen.  Is the choice of Daggerfall based on race or familiarity?

Ariadan

Digger
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2014, 10:26:28 AM »

Just for the moment and for fun, I made a quick website for ESO chatter.  I do not know how to use it all but will learn with your help.  To join the site or guild, use the Membership widget at the top left column.  The URL is http://friendsofthetrees.guildlaunch.com/.  Let's go there and see if that helps.  If it works, we can setup a ventrilo server there too.

Oh, and Friends of the Trees isn't an ESO guild.  This is just our place to gather, chat, and exchange ideas, pix, and links.  Enjoy.

Digger
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 11:02:17 AM by Digger » Logged
Digger
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2014, 10:41:21 AM »

I like the dual nature of the Templar and plan to do a little healing unless we get into lots of grouping.  Then I will respec for good healing.  The preference for Daggerfall is only familiarity given that I can be a Breton and Wood Elf in any Alliance.  So I am open.  Fundamentally, I just want to play and see what happens as I develop.  I suspect that the racial choices are not important as one levels and advances.  This is going to be a more open char development approach than most MMOs.  So I mainly want to be with friends.

Digger
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 10:59:39 AM by Digger » Logged
Ariadan

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 28, 2014, 12:42:13 PM »

It would make it a great deal simpler for me to quest with you if we could join Ebonheart so that I don't have to create multiple characters.  But if Daggerfall is chosen than I am fine with that as well.

Someone just needs to draw a line in the sand and say this is where we are going before we actually get there.

I have a very informative link describing how metalsmithing works and can be applied somewhat to woodworking and clothier.

http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/myrrons-blacksmithing-guide-for-eso-beta-version/

The gist of it is to find a crafting buddy so that you can craft something and then send it to your crafting buddy (who has the same craft) and they extract the crafted item.  You can far more inspiration (XP) for extracting someone else's crafted goods than your own.

One other thought is that each character learn one hard craft and one soft craft.  Hard crafts take much longer to level up in and include blacksmithing, woodworking and clothier.  The soft crafts are provisioning, enchanting and alchemy.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 12:48:05 PM by Ariadan » Logged
Digger
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 28, 2014, 02:19:31 PM »

On our new site, Friends of Trees, we can list our chars and their crafts.  This may help get things covered nicely at the startup. 

I have added Ariadan to the site and await word from others.

Digger
Baridoc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: March 29, 2014, 07:51:54 AM »

This is the last post that I saw from you concerning faction:

The case for the Ebonheart Pact.

And I do like that area! But the decision has been made for Daggerfall so that's where I'm going once I get online.

Bari

Baridoc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2014, 08:03:04 AM »

Just for the moment and for fun, I made a quick website for ESO chatter.  I do not know how to use it all but will learn with your help.  To join the site or guild, use the Membership widget at the top left column.  The URL is http://friendsofthetrees.guildlaunch.com/.  Let's go there and see if that helps.  If it works, we can setup a ventrilo server there too.

This sounds wonderful!! I tried joining but it said my email address was already on the site. Did you add it, Digger? If not I'm not sure what's going on there. LOL! Far as area goes, like you, I am up for any area. I like Ebonhart, simply because I thought it was prettier and I liked the quests. But Daggerfall is great too. I'll log on here before I make my character on Sunday to see if there's been a hard decision made about area.

Far as crafting goes, it seemed to me that it tended to go a bit more by class. ie: As a Sorcerer I went for Woodworking and Clothier because those are the crafts that I needed to make staffs and light armor. I collected ore to sell, or in OUR case.. to share with guildmates. I did enchanting, alchemy, and provisioning simply as a matter of course because everyone needs those skills. They level more slowly... at least enchanting does... so I was just taking my time with them. Even at that I got pretty far in enchanting. It's a very helpful craft, as is provisioning. Alchemy is helpful too.. but I found it less so only because I HATE their quickslot  arrangement. It's basically set up for console use and is totally useless in combat. That HAS to be changed and we complained long and loud about it. Hopefully others will to after launch. but it can be helpful to have potions even if getting to them is a pain. Foods are more useful, I found.

So do let me know which area is decided upon. I will see you in game on Sunday afternoon.

Love to all...
Bari....

Baridoc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2014, 08:14:04 AM »

OK.  Figured out the password thingy. Evidently I was once a member of a guild with a site there. Years ago. Have submitted a request for OUR guild membership and am now awaiting approval.

I'll see all of you soon as I get home on Sunday.

Love to all...
Bari..
Ariadan

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2014, 08:20:37 AM »

I approved you for the site.  Digger has set up a poll to have members choose the alliance.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to: