Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Starwars the old republic trailer - worth a look IMO  (Read 1214 times)
neath

View Profile
« on: June 15, 2010, 04:34:34 PM »

I think the guy in that wrote the narrative about the starwars trailer is right. Bioware should forget making the game, just make movies. Amazing how far animation has progressed.

Worth a look.

http://www.collegenews.com/index.php?/article/e3_2010_electronic_arts_impresses_ubisoft_disappoints_061520101135545/
Orophor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 08:44:35 AM »

I agree the cinematic trailers are fantastic, but so are the ones for world of warcraft, so I am more interested in the story and gameplay elements.

Regarding their past efforts, Bioware has done an excellent job in storytelling for single-player games. Neverwinter Nights had great multi-player support, even providing a dm client so you could run your own games in worlds you created with the toolset. It remains to be seen how well they can translate that experience into an mmo, but like many others, I am eager to find out.

O
Digger
Global Moderator

Aiyee, tis a hobbit's life for me

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 11:59:42 AM »

I will be there - a hobbit with a light saber and a lute.  Smiley

Digger
Drogorn

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 11:04:11 PM »

I definitely hope this game turns out to be amazing.  Bioware never ceases to amaze me with their RPG's.  Dragon Age, Mass Effect, The Baldur's Gate series, KOTOR and KoTOR II, etc.

Seeing them take on the MMO genre will be very interesting.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: