Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My Departure  (Read 1155 times)
Tuiliel

View Profile
« on: October 15, 2011, 06:22:52 AM »

Dear friends,

Family life is wonderful, and challenging. We spend so much time together, we know each other well enough to finish each otherís sentences, we weather good times and bad by sticking together. And we take each other for granted, get on each otherís nerves, and step on each otherís toes. But we are family, and we love each other no matter what.

I have been frustrated with the game since the expansion, because of way too many bugs and confusing changes. Itís also been extremely frustrating that few others seem to see what I see. At the same time I have been concerned by certain dynamics in the kin that I have tried hard and unsuccessfully to improve: lack of support for our roleplayers, lack of casual group activities (not big planned events that take up lots of time, but just little ways we can have fun together), and a big shift in focus toward personal achievement and away from group exploration and companionship. People have been racing through the new content without stopping to make sure that everyone else has people to play with if they want to be with friends. In other words, it just hasnít felt very kin-like lately.

This past week, probably due to RL stress more than anything else, somehow I found myself as part of the problem rather than part of the solution. Rather than setting a fun tone for the group, as an officer is supposed to do, I dragged everyone down into my own doom-and-gloominess. And on Thursday night, I let some comments from membersójust in an ordinary conversationóget under my skin and touch the wrong nerve. I snapped at people who did not deserve it and behaved very badly.

I failed you as an officer, but more importantly as a friend. I could have said Ďlook guys, Iím not feeling great, so give me a break tonight.í But instead of reaching out I lashed out, and none of you deserved that.

Iím not really sure what Iím going to do now, but I know that I am not serving your interests the way I should be at the moment, so it is probably best for me to step aside.

Know that I care about you all very much, I still consider you my family, and I will always answer the call should you ever need my help. Please take care of each other. I miss you already.

Yours in service still,
Tui

Tuiliel, Lady of the Silver Arrow
Digger
Global Moderator

Aiyee, tis a hobbit's life for me

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 07:18:20 AM »

Ms. Tui,

You are a wonderful person and a fine friend. Your note touches me, and I am so glad you wrote us.  I suspect that we can take Tui out of the Tinnu, but we can't take the Tinnu out of Tui.  You have been a fine leader and given us some of the most memorably fun times together in this game.  The mighty power of the all-powerful eyelashes will be terribly missed.  And that aggro parfum of yours will be sorely needed.

That said, I want to write more later.  In my little part of the world we recognize that everyone has their days and moments when things just are not right.  We get tired, frustrated, and coil up inside our own darkness.  As the literati say "Even Homer nods."  Let this pass, please.  Join us next Friday and let's go get those last 4 trolls in the Forges together for old times sake.

More to follow,
Digger
Winterwulf

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 09:52:33 AM »

Being somewhat new to the kin, I know I don't have the experiences with you that others have, but being a fellow blogger ('writer' doesn't feel right Smiley ), I've known you a while.  I wasn't part of the group Thursday, so I don't know what went on.  Sometimes I think I'm spread too thin as it is, but I know that I meet great people this way.

This game has evolved over the years (and not positively, in my view, but that is my opinion) as have people... I've seen great people leave and some I still keep in touch with, others the communication isn't there Sad  I still treasure the friendships I've made through this game and others.

You haven't failed anybody as an officer or a friend... you had a bad day and things got to you... as Digger said, everyone has days where they get tired or frustrated... it happens... it's a part of life.  It's great knowing that, no matter what, friends and family will love you for who you are Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: