Author Topic: Captain LI Legacies  (Read 3892 times)

Orophor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tinnu uin Galadhrim
Captain LI Legacies
« on: July 20, 2009, 11:14:08 AM »
Since I am working more on my captain, I thought I would share the process I am going through to find good legendary items.

Here are some lorebook links for emblems and halbreds:
http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Item:Captain%27s_Emblem_of_the_Third_Age

http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Weapon:Captain%27s_Halberd_of_the_Third_Age

Some thoughts on desirable legacies. Since the main role for captains are buffers, the tactics legacies are nice, even without ranking them up they can double the bonus for the buff, either giving more power, better crit chance or more parry defense, depending on which legacy and tactic you are using.

Likewise, our heals are mostly for others, and single target, with the exception of Rallying Cry, which even gives back power as well if you have its trait equipped. Since Rallying Cry is my main way of healing myself, I like the -cooldown and +healing % legacies for it.

If you plan on off-tanking getting the threatening shout cooldown legacy is handy.

For plain old DPSing or solo, I find the devastating blow +critical legacy good.

Finally the -power cost for melee skills and cries are both good legacies, since they make your skills less of a power-sink and apply to many skills at once.

Tharak

• View Profile
Re: Captain LI Legacies
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 11:40:33 PM »
The one I look for as a must on weapons is +Telling Mark Damage. Max it out, and everyone in the party is putting out 10% more damage on marked targets.  For the emblem I like to have +% Vocal Healing or +% Melee Healing (or both!), as I personally find that I spend the most effort off-healing, and that's what I'm usually traited for (the dps traits don't seem to make a huge impact on actual dps, and my healing suffers bigtime)