Author Topic: A Gathering of the Kin  (Read 8723 times)

Digger

• Global Moderator
  • Aiyee, tis a hobbit's life for me
    • View Profile
A Gathering of the Kin
« on: July 03, 2007, 07:48:25 AM »
Mae Govannen a Aiya, Fair Folk and Kin,

I am thinking of havin' a bit of a party for us all - with some 'freshments, of course. ;D  Since we have this Fesitval going now at the Party Tree in Hobbiton, I was considerin' that a good place to dance and chase chickin's together.  This would let some of us meet all of you famous and fair folk who are more advanced than we are, and it might also be a chance for a bit of musikin' together.  This mite also be a good time to invite some recruits for our kinship.  I should be pleased to supply the eats and drinks, if'n anyone would come.  Nuthin' worse than a party where nobody comes, ya know. :'(

So let me know what date is good for ya and I rent the grounds from the folk in the Shire and stock up provisions.  There are fireworks too, but not like the wizard Gandalf's by a long shot, tho they are purtty.

Aníral toled na gar mereth?

Digger Goodsong
Hobbit Extraordinaire

Hosklar

• View Profile
Re: A Gathering of the Kin
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2007, 01:15:19 PM »
This Dwarf is one that loves to party.  So you will definitly see me and my axe at any party that I am able to attend.  I would actually be very interested in a game of tag, or a pie eating contest, although I don't think that I have any advantage over Elves or hobbits in either of those.

Digger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2007, 01:32:26 PM »
Hosklar, Stalwart and Mighty Dwarven Friend,
Greetings! Baruk Khazâd! Khaz âd ai-mênu!

I shall look forward to meeting you at the party.  Hobbits and dwarves share a fondness for ale, and I will have lots of it ready.  Would that we could hold an axe throwing contest so you could show your skills for I know the axes of dwarves are sharp and hard.  However, I do believe there is a contest for us that involves traveling from pub to pub and quaffing a few ales.  We might gather some folk and give this tavern crawl a good showing! 

As other reply to my post, we will set a date and time for the party.  Never fear, stout friend, the Kinship will Gather!  Hopefully, we can all bring a few friends and find some new recruits as well.

Till the time we meet,
Your Hobbit Friend,

Digger

Calindriel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2007, 06:21:13 AM »
I would love to come!  And I shall bring my harp.  Just name the time and day, any is good for me.
Calindriel of Lórien, Minstrel

Staffen

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 06:32:57 AM »
All these evil days call for a change of pace and spirit. Staffen can certainly attend and shall plan on doing so! I'll plan on bringing some ale from the Forsaken Inn; you don't want to know what they make that from ;D

Digger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2007, 06:49:50 AM »
Greetings Fair Kin and Free Folk,

So that we have time to announce our Gathering of the Kin at the Party Tree, would July 14, Sunday, at 4pm work for a time for everyone?  Mighty Orophor, my friend, perhaps we can use this occasion to recruit some lower level folk as well.  What do you think?

Meanwhile, I shall begin the preparations.  Let me see, we need ale and ale and ale, of course.  And we need pipeweed of all kinds.  And of course some eats, 'srooms and pies would be good.  Then some fireworks for us.  And also some favors, perhaps hats would be fun.  Do we have a kinship color?  I could see if I could get a friend to dye the hats all the same, hmmm.  May not be able to afford that.  But hats, yes definitely.  Now what else?  Book the venue and contact a good caterer, not hard to find in the Shire.  ;D

I shall bring my drum which I can play, but my other musikal instruments lack my talents at the moment.  Only bears seem to enjoy my erratic pickin's.  Evryone bring an instrument so at the least we can scare animals away and keep off the gnats.  So let's party, shall we? 8)

Cheers,
Digger Goodsong
A Humbled Hobbit

Hosklar

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2007, 07:46:02 AM »
I will be takinga  respite from the game starting July 12th as I will be going on vacation.  So I will unfortunately have to miss this great party, but please take many photos for i sense that our fair friend Orophor is quite the wild Elf when he gets a little ale in his belly.

Calandil

• Craft-house Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2007, 08:28:25 AM »
A party is definitely a great idea, though I sadly won't be able to make it, either.  I will be otherwise occupied for the entirety of that day.  Be sure to have a good time, however, and play plenty of songs.  A party just isn't a party without much good music, after all.

Digger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2007, 07:41:34 PM »
Good Dwarf Hosklar,

How could I have this party without you to represent the children of Aule?  Besides no one else can keep up with a Hobbit drinking ale.  Let's go for the following Sunday, July 21.  What do you say?  Be ready by then?

How about everyone else?  Sunday, 7/21 at 4.00 pm EST under the Party Tree?  When we are set, I will post this on the Official Forum or should Orophor do that?

Happy Hobbit,
Digger

Staffen

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2007, 07:47:29 PM »
That date and time serves just as well. I don't foresee any problems. I will still plan on making it.

-Staffen

P.S. Digger, expect some stuff in the mail for the party :)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2007, 06:21:37 AM by Staffen »

Digger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2007, 07:38:33 AM »
Fair Calindrial and Stout Hosklar,

Can you both make the following Sunday?  We can't do this without you.  July 22 at 4pm EST???  Everyone please let me know if you can come.

Cheers,
Digger

Staffen,
Oh great some help.  Wait  please until the last minute though cause my bags are stuffed at the moment.  I do wish I could find a larger bag or a pack horse to haul things around.  Hmmm.

Calandil

• Craft-house Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2007, 09:02:34 AM »
That date and time should work for me, as well, I believe.  I'll have to try to brush up on my lute playing skills.  Alas, if I were only able to play a theorbo, I'd be in much better shape for musical accompaniment.

Hosklar

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2007, 09:14:20 AM »
Alas, i will be away until the 22nd of july.  but as I said, no need to book around my schedule.  It is summer after all, and tough to plan things.

Digger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2007, 10:56:49 AM »
Fair Folk and Kin,

It looks like July 22nd at 4pm EST under the Party Tree is the date.  Orophor, do you want to post this on Turbine Forums or would you like me to? 

Please invite your friends, the more the merrier, we say!  Let's party!

Digger

Orophor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tinnu uin Galadhrim
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2007, 11:53:33 AM »
I submitted a post for the In-game events forum. The post should show up here:
http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=75264

Also I added us to the calendar of events at the LOTRO RP Haven here:
http://www.lotrorphaven.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=36&func=view&catid=11&id=875
« Last Edit: July 06, 2007, 02:54:20 PM by Orophor »