Author Topic: Calendar of events  (Read 2706 times)

Ariadan

• View Profile
Calendar of events
« on: February 29, 2008, 09:37:21 AM »
It would be great if we could create a calendar in which members could try to schedule an event (such as a Carn Dum run, or an epic quest) with not only members of our kin but also with our allies.  People would then be able to sign up ahead of time and the person running the event could plan better for the event.

It does not appear that this website has that capability but some of our allies' websites have the capability and in fact some of our allies are doing the very same thing that I am suggesting.  Perhaps we could log on their website and be able to sign up and host events.

Until Lotro comes up with better stuff for kinships and alliances we need to pick up the slack.  It is great to be able to see that there are 23 members in the alliance logged on, however we can't see who they are.

See All Shall Fades website for what I'm thinking of.  In short, I believe that if we can implement something like this for our alliance then the smaller kins will have a better chance of organizing something. 

Hosklar

• View Profile
Re: Calendar of events
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 10:07:43 AM »
I think you are on the right track Ariadan.  But let's take this a step further.  What if we had a Leithrim website where we could sign up for events etc.  IMO this is where we need to go with this.

Ariadan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2008, 10:22:49 AM »
Yes, that's even a better idea.  Too few of our own members use this website as it is.

Hosklar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008, 10:31:34 AM »
I have started working on a guildportal website for Leithrim.  do a search for it (we are the only Leithrim :)

By start, I mean I have spent a total of 10 minutes, so you won't get blown away yet.  I am at work the rest of the day, but perhaps over the weekend I will have time to fiddle with it and see if it will work.

guildportal.com and search for Leithrim.

Orophor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tinnu uin Galadhrim
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2008, 09:58:06 AM »
Rather than move traffic away from our website, I would want to make this site fit that need. In order to do that, I upgraded the forum software to a new version and added a calendar feature here:
http://tinnu-uin-galadhrim.com/simplemachinesforum/index.php?action=calendar

It should also appear on the top-left navigation bar.

Hosklar

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2008, 10:09:42 AM »
yay! ;D

Orophor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tinnu uin Galadhrim
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2008, 10:15:53 AM »
At the bottom of each thread now, there is a handy "link to calendar" button. You can use this to link a post and an event in the calendar.

Iryanna

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2008, 11:13:59 AM »
What an excellent addition!  Thank you, Orophor!  :D

Iryanna

Digger

• Global Moderator
  • Aiyee, tis a hobbit's life for me
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2008, 11:18:32 AM »
Hantale, hantale, hantale!

Digger & family

Aelanor

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2008, 03:51:16 PM »
That is an excellent addition and solves the problem of being able to schedule regular events!  Good idea!