Author Topic: Allied chat channel  (Read 2748 times)

Fireborn

• Craft-house Leader
    • View Profile
Allied chat channel
« on: October 24, 2007, 06:45:43 AM »
With the coming of book 11 today and custom chat channels, I was thinking that it would be a great idea to work with our allied kins and get a constant channel going.  This would allow us to easily offer assistance to our allies in times of need and would allow us to fill up fellowship spots a little easier without having to do the PUG hunt....

I know Orophor has alts in some of our allies' kins, so maybe we could get a dialogue going between some of them and see what they think.

Digger

• Global Moderator
  • Aiyee, tis a hobbit's life for me
    • View Profile
Re: Allied chat channel
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 08:38:21 AM »
Fireborn,

Our minds are on the same channel.  LOL   I was speaking with Tinolt just last week, and he also indicated a desire to make intra-kinship channels.  If we can identify the most valued alliances for raids and fellowships, then those can be approached and arrangements made.

I was also wondering about an 'Event' channel for when we have events involving guests and us.  This might take us away from the /say channel that broadcasts to the area and make our events more private and close.  I don't quite know how all this works, but we are having events and lots of guests.

Cheers,
Digger

Imara

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2007, 09:17:33 AM »
That certainly sounds like an excellent idea to me.  Both for fellowships with our allied guilds and for events.  It's awesome that our guild allies are expanding and the like.

Hosklar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2007, 09:35:35 AM »
It sounds like a stupendous idea to me as well.  My only concern would be that if we are always in the allied kinship chat channel that our own kinship might lose it's identity.  We might just become one larger kin without our personal kinship only chat.

Not sure if I am getting my concern across or not.

Digger

• Global Moderator
  • Aiyee, tis a hobbit's life for me
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2007, 09:45:40 AM »
I understand the concern about our own communications.  For myself, I would always have my /k channel up and going, cause that's where you all are and I enjoy our chats there so much.  But I also can have an intra-kinship channel open and watch it at the same time.  So, we can reach out to others which will be ever so valuable to us and to them. 

Just notice the generosity already started from our good friend Tinolt, and we can see that alliances and communications beyond just us would help us all.  It is so much better when friends that I know form with us on a fellowship than finding that one-off group to make a rush through a quest.  I know that Moonflower of the Goblin Gate Gang has joined us on several occasions and always remarks to me how much more pleasant it is to be with us.  So getting new fellowship and raid comrades would be ever so much easier and better if we could talk with these other kinships.

Digger

Melwhin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2007, 12:37:50 PM »
I would be very happy to participate in this channel and I'm sure many of my kinsmates would be as well. 
Melwhin of Lorien
Captain-General of All Shall Fade

Tinolt

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2007, 11:38:16 AM »
I will gladly join an joint channel.  Communication is the key to success at times when you might need help, and who knows a friend may just be over the hill, but unknowningly does not know your in peril.  In other worlds, another version of Tinolt was in a guild (something like a Kin I understand) that was part of a 'Dragon's Alliance' of 5 guilds.  Each guild had its own identity, and did many guild nights.  But at times each guild would need, or want the company of friends.  At that time the choice becomes searching your friends list, and sending one tell at a time, or joining the joint chat channel and talking with potentially many friends, some of which were not in your friends list.

I would put this to your Kin for the name of the channel, I believe that you can come up with the perfect name, that would match the intent that this line of inter-kin communication channel would achieve.