Linked Events

• Linking to the calendar: March 23, 2014

Author Topic: The website  (Read 16131 times)

Orophor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tinnu uin Galadhrim
Re: The website
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2007, 11:50:17 AM »
Backed up and updated the version of the forums to 1.1.4 for a security patch. Please let me know if you have any problems.

Thanks,
Orophor

Orophor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tinnu uin Galadhrim
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2007, 03:00:47 PM »
Coming from a suggestion from Hosklar, I added links in the news column for our kinship's lorebook page (now with expanded crafting and addressbook! Seeing that as a good thing, I also added links for our allies The Silver Willow and Strength in Numbers, the Turbine LotRO site and The Brasse's LOTRO maps and Guides.

Orophor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tinnu uin Galadhrim
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2009, 11:24:19 AM »
Just updated the forums to version 1.1.8, please let me know if you encounter any issues.

Thanks,
O

Kethrandir

• Administrator
  • Auta i lome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2009, 02:26:11 PM »
Thanks Orophor! 

On a related note, for perhaps the past two weeks Endingwen and I have noticed long delays in page loading and fairly frequent timeout messages while accessing and browsing these forums.  It's not likely this is related to the update if you just did that, but has anyone else experienced this problem?

Kethrandir
The House of Keth:  Kethrandir (HTR), Kerephor (MNS), Kethuthir (WDN), Kethras (LM), Kethorin (GRD), Baema (CPT), Borage (BRG)

Staffen

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2009, 03:05:35 AM »
Not me, but I haven't been as engaged in forum activities of late.

Truly,
Staffen & Alfrun

Digger

• Global Moderator
  • Aiyee, tis a hobbit's life for me
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2009, 09:50:56 AM »
I haven't had any issues with load times, myself.  But then our weather is warmer, and that may make website comms happier at this time of year. ;)

Digger

Orophor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tinnu uin Galadhrim
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2009, 09:53:18 AM »
Thanks Orophor! 

On a related note, for perhaps the past two weeks Endingwen and I have noticed long delays in page loading and fairly frequent timeout messages while accessing and browsing these forums.  It's not likely this is related to the update if you just did that, but has anyone else experienced this problem?

Kethrandir

I too have noticed the occasional slowdown, but since the only source was my workplace, I figured it was our proxy that was loaded.

This site software does require routine TLC, but given our modest traffic, and self- sufficeincy of no ads or embeded external content, and an absence of errors in the logs, I would need further detail to open a trouble ticket with our hosting service.

If you notice a slowdown, please report it to me with the time it occurred, your timezone, what URL you were attempting to load, what your ip is, and if your web connection is proxied then I would need the proxy configuration as well.

Thanks,
O

Kethrandir

• Administrator
  • Auta i lome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2009, 10:21:51 AM »
Will do; thanks Orophor.  Access is usually blip-free for me during the day, so perhaps it is just a local systems issue.  I'm glad others aren't experiencing any problems.

Kethrandir
The House of Keth:  Kethrandir (HTR), Kerephor (MNS), Kethuthir (WDN), Kethras (LM), Kethorin (GRD), Baema (CPT), Borage (BRG)

Orophor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tinnu uin Galadhrim
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2009, 10:27:12 AM »
We pay good money for our own domain and web hosting and I expect the service to work reponsively and reliably. If we can provide evidence of degradation or failure, then I am happy to escalate that to our provider.

Orophor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tinnu uin Galadhrim
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2009, 11:47:58 PM »
Well today we were down for a little over six hours. I called our provider, they confirmed the issue was on their end, not our software or content. Hopefully this will clear up the slowness you noticed Kethrandir. Otherwise, as I asked, please note the details and I will escalate it.

Thanks,
O

Orophor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tinnu uin Galadhrim
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2009, 09:53:16 AM »
We updated the forum software again today. Please let me know if you run into any troubles because of it.

Thanks,
O

Orophor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tinnu uin Galadhrim
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2009, 11:31:11 AM »
Again we updated the forum software today, so if you encounter any errors, please let me know.

Thanks,
O

Orophor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tinnu uin Galadhrim
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2009, 12:33:08 PM »
Well we've had a wave of more spammers hitting our site. I believe I've cleaned up most of the offenders and installed a SMF mod called Stop Spammer. If your account has a zero-post count, and is being reported by the forum-spam database, then I removed your account.

This should not impact any of our legitimate users.

Digger

• Global Moderator
  • Aiyee, tis a hobbit's life for me
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2009, 02:03:37 PM »
Thank you for your diligence in making this one of the best sites I visit and use.

Digger

Morlocrond

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2009, 04:45:01 AM »
Thanks Great Tur for making sure this little respite from reality is kept safe.