Linked Events

• Linking to the calendar: March 23, 2014

Author Topic: The website  (Read 16130 times)

Orophor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tinnu uin Galadhrim
The website
« on: May 07, 2007, 11:24:09 AM »
This website is for all of us in the kinship, so if you have any suggestions or ideas, please post them here so we can discuss them.

So far I have been working on the idea that this is but the first draft, a stub for the group to get started with. Over time I hope others will add to what I have started, and it can become something that reflects the whole group.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 05:22:14 PM by Orophor »

Hylar Neidar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: The website
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2007, 09:04:30 PM »
OOC/

As Lillassea stated in the "Officers and Recruiting" topic...

OUTSTANDING JOB OROPHOR!!

Everything looks VERY nice and you knocked it all out in a very short period of time!  So I just wanted to raise a toast in your name and tell you to keep up the good work!

Oh, and in the way of suggestions...where is the huge bold font of DWARVES RULE! on the site?  ;D
KHAZAD AI-MENU!!!

Hylar Neidar
21st Guardian of The Lonely Mountian

Quorthon
23th Minstrel of The Lonely Mountain

Kierin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2007, 06:08:07 PM »
I agree both on the great job and on the fact that... DWARVES RULE!...

Digger

• Global Moderator
  • Aiyee, tis a hobbit's life for me
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2007, 08:47:03 AM »
As I continue my offline research, I have found useful information on other links, eg. http://www.thebrasse.com/lotro/  Would it be of any value to others in this kinship if I listed the better of these?  Most advise of ways to educate and develop skills, traits, and crafts while others provide lovely maps and questing details.  Is this appropriate or does it spoil things for you good folk?

Orophor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tinnu uin Galadhrim
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2007, 09:04:24 AM »
Links would be most welcome. I try to post ones I find that are related to things the kinship is interested in. Any not-safe for work, spam or offensive links will not be tolerated, but anything LotRO, elven, role-playing or Tolkien related is fine.

Calindriel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2007, 02:58:13 PM »
Wow, thanks for posting all of those!  I will definitely be making use of them.
Calindriel of Lórien, Minstrel

Digger

• Global Moderator
  • Aiyee, tis a hobbit's life for me
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2007, 05:34:03 PM »
Fair Calindriel,

It is my pleasure to share these few discoveries, but the true credit goes to those fine folk who made them.  If one hasn't visited Brasse.com yet, it truly is a most helpful site with hand-drawn maps that are simply beautiful and full details on quests including their chains.  And for those who want to learn a bit about working well in fellowship combat, the article on combat is a must read.  Too often I am engaged with pickups that simply don't understand these simple tactics.  Now I am off to gather my lore sites for you on the Tolkien family writings.  I hope you give a preview look at the newest publication on the terrible history about Turin.  Christopher has done a good job telling this story from his father's notes.

Orophor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tinnu uin Galadhrim
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2007, 09:15:01 PM »
Thank you for the outstanding list. I took the liberty of moving it to it's own thread here.

Orophor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tinnu uin Galadhrim
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2007, 10:05:53 AM »
I updated the version of the forum software. Hopefully things will continue to work smoothly. If not please let me know.

Thanks,
Orophor

Staffen

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2007, 07:20:46 AM »
Everything seems to be in good order with the forums :) As far a suggestion or idea, we could have a poetry/prose section on the website perhaps, if anyone is so inclined to scribble words on paper that is. It would be lore-appropriate and in the spirit of Middle-Earth I think, and I know we have some talented folk in our kinship. That's all I've got right now.

Hosklar

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2007, 09:38:53 PM »
Am I supposed to get a different page when I click on the characters link on our homepage? 

Also, I think that it would be good to have a link on these forums to actually return to our homepage.  The "Home" link on the simplemachines forum page just brings us back to the home page of the forums, but not our actual homepage.

O, if you need help with some of the website stuff, let me know.  I have a bit of experience with guildportal websites and the like.

Orophor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tinnu uin Galadhrim
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2007, 09:59:43 AM »
Thanks for the suggestions Hosklar. I added a link to the main home-page to the news headline on the forums pages. The characters page is still under development, but it would go better if I got more screenshot portraits and biographies posted.

Also I installed a new SMF theme by Bloc called Tolkien. It is the new default theme for the forums. If you have not selected a theme, the new default should already be used for you.

If you wish to change your theme from the new default, go to your profile, and under look and layout preferences, the very top item is the theme, you can see the four options when you click the change link.

Hosklar

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2007, 10:14:10 AM »
Ah, this is very nice indeed Orophor.  Much more lively than the old non-them that was present.

Calindriel

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2007, 12:29:37 PM »
The new layout and addition of the gallery is excellent, Orophor!  Well done, indeed.
Calindriel of Lórien, Minstrel

Mordorrain

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2007, 12:42:29 PM »
Hail Orophor!!

The Web page looks magnificent!!!

Well Done!

Mordorrain