Linked Events

• Kinhall warming: November 17, 2007

Author Topic: A Grand Party!  (Read 18352 times)

Mordorrain

• View Profile
Re: A Grand Party!
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2007, 12:39:45 PM »
Master Goodsong

I look forward to this grand event and I offer my services to lead a team during the Great Hunt.

Yours

Mordorrain

Digger

• Global Moderator
  • Aiyee, tis a hobbit's life for me
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2007, 02:33:58 PM »
Master of the Hunt, Mordorrain,

Thank you for leading a hunting fellowship.  Now, please select a hunting venue and gather your team.  At the moment, no others have claimed any available venues, so you may choose any area you like for your team.  Venues might be Old Forest/Barrow Downs or Eastern North Downs or Angmar or whatever area you think your team will be most successful with their hunting scores.  (see posts for scoring items).

When you know your venue and have started your team, please post those here so others know that area is taken and those kinfolk are on a team.  Also, as leader you may choose the name of your team and share that when you post the first members.

Now, you other leaders, time to sign up for the Great Hunt of the Fall.  Don't delay doing this any longer if you want to get the venue and kinfolk you think will make the perfect team.

Cheers,
Digger

Digger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Leaders Needed for our Great Fall Hunt!
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2007, 09:59:35 AM »
These hunts are very important to our crafters, giving them the materials that they need to advance and to make things for us.  For me the Hunts are my way to repay the generosity of our fabulous jewelers, weaponsmiths, woodworkers, and all who give so much of their time and materials to make me things.  Since we have begun this practice of crafting for our kinfolk, my costs at the AH have dropped dramatically, and I buy less but have better quality things.  Hunts give us the resources to continue with this practice.

Now is the time for three more team leaders to volunteer to lead a hunting fellowship.  We need just three more noble folks to step forward and show the way for us all.

Cheers,
Digger
a worried hobbit

Fireborn

• Craft-house Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2007, 01:14:46 PM »
If I can find a group to support me, I would like to take a group to the deeper reaches of Haudh Iarchath in the Barrow Downs.  There are beryl Shards, wight treasures, and spider eyes a-plenty in there and I have been (literally) dying to see what's down at the end of the elite MOB portion of the dungeon.

Mordorrain

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2007, 01:47:31 PM »
Mighty Fireborn

I was thinking of going to that area.  Shall we join forces?  I can defer my leading a team to you.

Yours

Mordorrain

Digger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2007, 02:21:57 PM »
Fireborn and Mordorrain,

We need four total team leaders.  Now don't you buddies go backwards on me here.  :)  Fireborn has an area to hunt for this occassion, and Mordorrain (still leading a team  ;D) has yet to select a venue.  We still need two more leaders to step forward.

Cheers,
Digger

Mordorrain

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2007, 07:13:37 PM »
Master Goodsong

Keeping me honest eh?

I will hunt in the Misty Mountains...

Yours

Mordorrain

Tinolt

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2007, 11:49:35 AM »
Digger,

I will lead a team, or join any of the teams if you get 4 leaders from your powerful Kin.  Of course my partner in crime Tharak will be along for the fun, so we will have to gather 4 more members or be joined up with a team.  If I will be leading the team I think we will be hunting...hmmm Misty Mountains and the dungeon in the downs are taken...good choices.  I think the Angmar would be a good place to hunt.  Are there points for rep items?  I need to find the post on points.

Tinolt

Digger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2007, 12:40:33 PM »
Great and Renowned Burglar Tinolt,

We would be honored if you would lead a team in our Great Hunt of the Fall.  And by the way, no one has yet to ask for Angmar to hunt in, so just take your pick of spots and you got it.  Of course, bring a friend - in fact you may have a team of all your friends or kinfolk, if you wish.  You already know many of us, so recruit your team as you, their skillful leader, finds wise.  (I personally advise against all burglar teams.  Not cause they won't get things, but they tend to light-finger each other's bags too much. :) )

Now about scoring.  We have struggled to make a 1) simple and 2) fair scoring system.  So it isn't perfect yet, but it should at least let a level 20 compete directly with a level 50 or a Breelands with an Angmar.  And as importantly, it shouldn't take an genius to figure out what's the score.  This is most important so we can have fun and everyone have a chance to get the highest score and be posted in our Great Hunters Hall of Fame.  So here is our present system:

Resource & ItemPoints
Basic Ores/Woods/Hides1 pt
Jewels/Basic Scholar Mats/Standard Recipes2 pts
Dye Ground spawns (Yarrow, Woad Plants, etc)5 pts
Standard trophies and rare (purple) ores/woods/hides5 pts
Standard Trophies from Elite Monters (aurochs, turtles)8 pts
Rare named trophies/new Book 11 recipes (not bought)10 pts
Single Use Recipe20 pts
Shards50 pts

At this time, we had not considered rep items as a resource, but the idea merits asking our Master of the Hunt for his thoughts.  Mordorrain, what do you think?

Good friend Tinolt, I look forward to sharing this evening with you and offering our finest hospitality to you and your kin and friends.

Cheers,
Digger Goodsong
« Last Edit: November 08, 2007, 02:01:06 PM by Tarlwyn »

Tinolt

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2007, 01:20:20 PM »
I have another question on points.  You have named drops and shards.  The old named items and shards both drop from a named mob, so in essence a team will get 60 points from a named mob, because it will always drop both.  Exceptions are the named mobs from newer zones (i.e. rep dungeons, and book 11), they will only drop shards. So I guess a question should actually be part of this post since that was my first sentence...but I guess I really only wanted to point that out for consideration.

Tinolt

Digger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2007, 03:20:03 PM »
I was unaware that named elites always drop both items.  Hmm.  I must speak with our Master of the Hunt and see if his good sense can propose something here.  Thanks for pointing this out.  We would like to get the scoring good enough that it lasts over time.  That way different teams can rank their scores against previous Hunts for top hunting team.  Of course, as kin needs focus on special items, those would be given extra bonus points at that Hunt to encourage their gathering.

Cheers,
Digger
not mathmatikal at all

Digger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2007, 11:56:35 AM »
Suilaid, my beloved kinfolks,

I am hard at work on our party on Nov 17 to celebrate the Blessing of our Kinhall.  Just this morning more packages arrived from Rivendell for us, and my bags and chests are getting really stuffed with wonderful treasures and fun things just for you.  I thought that we might want to publish our agenda for this event and then focus on getting you all to help with the various parts of it.  ;D

8pm EST - Gather and greet - an officers' reception line at our front door would be proper to greet everyone as they enter.  (Officers should arrive no later than 7.30pm) Perila, Jasz, and Iryanna (please help us here Iryanna) will be our hostesses who will be passing out refreshments to all and should also arrive by 7.30pm.  Several of you are bringing pipeweed, and those need to be sent in batches to our hostesses a day or so before the Party.  Please let me know if you are bringing pipeweed by replying here.  ???  Peromiric and Iryanna have made some very special brews for our celebration and those also need to be sent to our hostesses a day or so ahead of time.  Tarlwyn is furnishing wine, and I am supplying Barlimans Best again.  So refreshments are all set, if everyone remembers to post and send no later than Nov. 14.

Hats and Robes - I am happy to be giving every kinfolk a hat and robe and the dyes (thanks to our kinsmen) for them.  We will all have green robes and golden hats for the celebration!  Here I need HELP please.  I need at least 3 of you to hand these hats, robes, and dyes out to people as they enter (kinfolks only).  There will be 24 robes, 24 hats, 24 olive dyes, and 24 gold dyes.  So these gift givers need to have room in their bags to hold their share, 18 slots.  Please reply here or send me a note in-game if you can help here.  I am frantic with worry cause I just cannot hold all of that in my bags with the other things too.  HELP PLEASE!

8:15pm Welcome and GET EMOTIONAL -
We will gather in the room with the stage to start the celebration, and I will lead you in a fun exchange of emotes that will earn you new emotes if you get enough of them.  For example, the /sword_salute is gained by getting 100 /salutes at 5/day.  Once we have cheered, laughed, and gotten our spirits up, we will move to the next item.

8:30pm BLESSING OF THE KINHALL - Orophor, our Tur, will lead us in a blessing of our grand new residence and center accompanied by a song I have learned for this occasion.  His Blessing will be in both Sindarin and Westron so all guests can understand.

8:45pm A MUSICAL MEDLEY - Fireborn and others will provide a short concert of selected songs for our enjoyment and to enliven our spirits while refreshments are again being served.

9:00pm THE GREAT HUNT OF THE FALL, Beleg Faras uin Iavas - Teams will form up and ready themselves for the Hunt.  If you have not yet found a team, please see Mordorrain, Fireborn, or Tinolt to join theirs or start your own team and choose your own venue.  This Hunt is a competition to see who can gather the most points in 1 hour in a fellowship.  I need to know the names and members of each team so we can get this going.  Again, we need your HELP PLEASE.  We do not have a team for our folks in levels 10-20 yet and another for 20-35 is still missing.  These hunting fellowships are going to gather the resources we need to craft and this is your way to help.  PLEASE LEAD a hunting team.  Replay here with the name, members, and the location area that you will be hunting in.  We want to avoid two teams in the same spot competing.  I am just so worried that teams will try to form at the last minute and everything will be a big confusion.  So lend a hand here please.

10:00pm PRIZES AND RIDDLES - At the conclusion of the hunt and the sounding of the great hunting horns, the leaders will turn in their scores and PRIZES will be given to all the winners along with posting them in our Hunters Hall of Fame.  Then, we will begin our riddles.  Find your riddles now and stump the crowd with a real tough one.  Again, PRIZES are given to those who stump the crowd and to those who guess right.  I need Prize Hosts/Hostesses to hold and hand out prizes to folks.  Ravenwing is one.  Who else will HELP ME here by being a Prize Host/Hostess?

10:30pm PASS THE PIE -  We will close our celebration by playing a game of Pass the Pie.  In this game, I start by handing at random 5-10 pies to folks.  Each receiver then either passes the same pie along or substitutes it for some treasure equal or better than what they received.  The 'Pie' changes many times as it is traded around the crowd.  And it gets hard to substitute something equal or better.  So bring treasures to pass and substitute for the 'pie' you get.  If this goes right, then everyone should have a PRIZE when we are done.  I will call STOP, and wherever the real mushroom pie is, I will give them a PRIZE for it.

10:45pm CLOSING - We will close the celebration in traditional fashion with toasts first by our Tur and then by anyone.  Toasts should be formal and well made, so no toasting the sweet barmaid in the Pony.  At this the celebration is over, and if all goes well, then a good time was had by all.

Please help me with the places and needs marked in red.  Oh dear, some new wagons are coming up my lane now.  And I just got all the others unloaded.  How will I ever get this done?  I am going to be a total wreck before I get ready.  Gotta go.  Later.....

Cheers,
Digger
a party-loving hobbit

Digger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Teams for the GREAT HUNT!
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2007, 10:44:03 AM »
Here are the teams so far and their hunting venues:

NameLeaderVenueMembers
UNKNFirebornHaudh Iarchath in the Barrow Downs(none)
UNKNMordorrainThe Misty MountainsCalmegil, Gorlaine
UNKNTinoltDarkest Angmar(none)
Maecheneb FaradrimOrophorTrollshaws(none)

We must have more teams!  And everyone should contact a leader and join a team quickly!  Where are the fearless, the brave, the great hunters of the Tinnu uin Galadhrim?

Post today and don't delay!  You are giving a little hobbit big worries.

Digger
oh my, oh dear, oh goodness
« Last Edit: November 08, 2007, 01:58:42 PM by Tarlwyn »

Fireborn

• Craft-house Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2007, 11:28:19 AM »
Since we are missing leaders for lower level ares, perhaps I could step down from my hunting leader role and have Zorugo take my place in the eastern north downs....

Digger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2007, 12:06:03 PM »
Generous Fireborn,

We need more leaders rather than just rearranging our current ones.  I know that there are several good folks who could hunt in the Old Forest and Barrow Downs with ease and lead a group there or as you say, in the North Downs.  I don't think that one needs to be at a lower level so much to lead a team.  In fact, it might be a safer hunt with a high level leader to ensure that things move quickly and no one falls needlessly.  This would give maximum experience and even might gather resources more quickly for the higher score.

Where you want to hunt is up to you to decide with your team.  I encourage you to pick a team name and start gathering your leaders quickly.  Time is running out on us, and this will be a lot of confusion to organize at the Party at the last minute.

Cheers,
Digger