Author Topic: LotRO World Transfers  (Read 15435 times)

Orophor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tinnu uin Galadhrim
Re: LotRO World Transfers
« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2015, 11:00:37 PM »
The Final March

On Saturday at noon the peoples of Nimrodel gathered together to make a long trek across our old world.  I joined this amazing and often hilariously chaotic adventure, bringing lots of pies, ale, and pipeweed, of course.  We went as far as the Paths of the Dead which our lower leveled players could not yet pass.  We ended appropriately in Nimrodel at the feet of the Lady's statue on a quiet island.  It was a long and challenging journey with many lost and found along the way.  It brought back good memories to this little hobbit who first stepped out of his peaceful home and onto the path of adventure eight years ago, as did many of you.

Now we finish that greater journey and adventure on Landroval, as always, together in the twilight of the elves.

Here is a link to some pictures I made along the way: http://imgur.com/gallery/a3e8E

Diggert Goodsong
a simple hobbit

There is now a video up of the event:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqaiFWdAbGg

My only critique would be that the Song of Nimrodel (actually why I started on our server) would be more fitting for the music:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wc9hAXocURY

Digger

• Global Moderator
  • Aiyee, tis a hobbit's life for me
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 02, 2015, 05:44:11 PM »
I hope you enjoyed my few pictures, Orophor and kinfolks.  I too found the Song of Nimrodel the reason for being on this server.  So you know, I have a short version of that which I can and did play on my lute under her statue as our parting farewell.

Digger

Digger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 18, 2015, 11:21:21 AM »
From the forum discussions of transfers, we may wish to wait until our Tur, Keth, posts here or in another thread before we transfer.  Apparently there is a long lag when the leader transfers before it is actually finished.  Those transferring too soon don't gain automatic membership in their kinship.  So we might consider waiting for our leader to post that he has arrived and waits for us.

Digger

Orophor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tinnu uin Galadhrim
« Reply #63 on: September 18, 2015, 11:59:35 AM »
True. Also at the moment, while the transfer button is visible on the launcher, there is only the option for Elendilmir or Estel to MOVE, everyone else only has the option to COPY to Palantir, the private test server. LotRO's Community Manager Ferlorn said the Palantir copy is open for internal testing at Turbine, and anyone not in the program should ignore it.

While we wait for our server to be called, I would suggest checking your house and anything that is bound to you that is at the kinhall. Given the reports from transfers done so far, it sounds like two things will happen to the kinhall, everything bound will go to escrow, everything else will go to the personal house chest of the kinleader. To ease that burden on Kethrandir, I removed all the items that were bound to me in the kinhall. Also to be extra safe, I cleared out my whole personal house, removing all the decorations, and emptying my house chest, transferring all of it to my shared storage vault so nothing can get lost in escrow since in the case of bound items in which the owner no longer exists on the original world, those items will be deleted. Another risk for item loss is if your house owner has not logged in since 2014. Housing storage was revamped in 2014, and if you transfer a house owner that has not updated their housing storage by logging in and accessing their house chest since that update, it is probable that all your housing items would be lost in a server move.

So to recap, gather your bound housing items. Log in with all your characters/accounts before you transfer them. If you are a chicken like me and have enough storage, empty your decorations and house chest.

O

Baridoc

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • SANET
« Reply #64 on: September 18, 2015, 05:31:04 PM »
So to recap, gather your bound housing items. Log in with all your characters/accounts before you transfer them. If you are a chicken like me and have enough storage, empty your decorations and house chest.

O

I wonderful update, O. Thank you. I'm nervous as a Shire-bound chicken about all this, but trust in our leaders to get us all through safely.

Peri/Not yet PerE

Orophor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tinnu uin Galadhrim
« Reply #65 on: September 18, 2015, 07:01:16 PM »
It will be at least a week before the next servers are made available for transfers. If it follows the current pattern, they will announce it a week ahead of time.

When Turbine opens Nimrodel for transfer, it will be up to Kethrandir to schedule his kinship transfer. Transfers today are taking roughly 2-4 hours with a few outliers that are much faster or slower. My hypothesis is the older the character the more complicated the transfer and therefore the longer the transfer takes. Once Keth has given the all clear for a successful transfer, you should start with your house holder (or transfer everyone at once if you're feeling lucky) then the rest.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 07:10:44 PM by Orophor »

Orophor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tinnu uin Galadhrim
« Reply #66 on: September 22, 2015, 07:47:52 AM »
As predicted they announced the next servers will go live next week and Nimrodel is not one of them:
https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?576724-First-World-Transfers-Opening!&p=7446055#post7446055

It looks like we have at least another two weeks till the next pair of servers ar called to start their move.

Endingwen

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 22, 2015, 11:27:23 AM »
You beat me to it, O! 

My guess is after this next round (Gilrain and Riddermark) the next servers to transfer will be Morthond [DE] and Firefoot [US].

Digger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 27, 2015, 06:15:40 PM »
Some good heart made a really easy guide to world transfers and posted it today.  Here is the link to the post that comes complete with pictures and steps:
https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?577737-World-Transfers-The-Great-Migration-Guide&p=7447112#post7447112

Digger

Endingwen

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 30, 2015, 01:26:32 PM »
Next round of transfers: Eldar and Firefoot (Oct. 5 and 6)

Orophor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tinnu uin Galadhrim
« Reply #70 on: October 01, 2015, 07:03:36 PM »
Good guess on Firefoot Endi!

Ariadan

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 05, 2015, 04:35:46 AM »
Digger,

Once you are all on Landroval, I will look you up.  It has been a very long time since I cut my teeth with Tinnu.

Grand regards,
Ariadan

Digger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 05, 2015, 12:22:15 PM »
Ariadan, old friend,

Why, we can do more than cut some fine teeth. There are pies to eat, ale to drink, and orcs to bop.  We can have a grand time once more.  I remember so many of our adventures together.  Good to hear from you.

Digger
a simple hobbit

Baridoc

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • SANET
« Reply #73 on: October 08, 2015, 08:55:05 AM »
Digger,

Once you are all on Landroval, I will look you up.  It has been a very long time since I cut my teeth with Tinnu.

Grand regards,
Ariadan

Missed you!! It will be good to see you again!

Perigard

Baridoc

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • SANET
« Reply #74 on: October 08, 2015, 08:58:08 AM »
Next round of transfers: Eldar and Firefoot (Oct. 5 and 6)

Seen today. Guess we're up soon. *frets and paces*
https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?&postid=7450640#post7450640

Anduin and Nimrondel
World transfers off of Anduin will be available on October 12th.

World transfers off of Nimrondel will be available October 13th.