Author Topic: LotRO World Transfers  (Read 15434 times)

Kethrandir

• Administrator
  • Auta i lome!
    • View Profile
The Tinnu are moving to Landroval!
« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2015, 06:27:39 PM »
All-

Thanks to everyone who chimed in regarding our move! 

Most of you who've posted or contacted me privately have voiced support for a move to Landroval, and the vast majority of the rest have said they'll go wherever the kinship goes.  Notably, no one has suggested one of the alternate US servers (Brandywine, Arkenstone, Gladden, or Crickhollow).  Landroval has been a second home for a few of us for many years now, and I've always enjoyed hearing stories about the many activities and events put on by that community.

So the Tinnu will be moving to Landroval! 

As Digger and others have noted, this transition will be much easier if Kethrandir is transferred to Landroval before anyone else, thereby reestablishing the kinship on the new server.  I'll post details about timing and all of that closer to when the transfer service will be opened for residents of Nimrodel.  In the meantime, I hope this early announcement will allow folks to create new characters on Landroval under your intended names (and gaining a level or two on each) to reserve your names.  Please continue to read the LotRO forums for official info, and stayed tuned here on the Tinnu forums for planning details regarding the big move! 

Keth
The House of Keth:  Kethrandir (HTR), Kerephor (MNS), Kethuthir (WDN), Kethras (LM), Kethorin (GRD), Baema (CPT), Borage (BRG)

Baridoc

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • SANET
Re: The Tinnu are moving to Landroval!
« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2015, 08:45:45 PM »
So the Tinnu will be moving to Landroval! 

Bags all packed and ready to go. I'll keep checking in to see when our illustrious leader makes his move, then follow him. Looking forward to our new home on Landroval!!!

Bari/Pere

Digger

• Global Moderator
  • Aiyee, tis a hobbit's life for me
    • View Profile
Re: LotRO World Transfers
« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2015, 08:58:20 PM »
The Final March

On Saturday at noon the peoples of Nimrodel gathered together to make a long trek across our old world.  I joined this amazing and often hilariously chaotic adventure, bringing lots of pies, ale, and pipeweed, of course.  We went as far as the Paths of the Dead which our lower leveled players could not yet pass.  We ended appropriately in Nimrodel at the feet of the Lady's statue on a quiet island.  It was a long and challenging journey with many lost and found along the way.  It brought back good memories to this little hobbit who first stepped out of his peaceful home and onto the path of adventure eight years ago, as did many of you.

Now we finish that greater journey and adventure on Landroval, as always, together in the twilight of the elves.

Here is a link to some pictures I made along the way: http://imgur.com/gallery/a3e8E

Diggert Goodsong
a simple hobbit

Kethrandir

• Administrator
  • Auta i lome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2015, 09:16:08 PM »
The Final March

Here is a link to some pictures I made along the way: http://imgur.com/gallery/a3e8E

Oh Digger, thank you!  I wish Endi and I had been able to attend alongside you, and I'm grateful that you've posted some pictures for everyone to enjoy.  The shot of you and your rabbit on the steps of Orthanc and the final one of everyone at the statue of Nimrodel are among my favorites.  Cheers!

Keth
The House of Keth:  Kethrandir (HTR), Kerephor (MNS), Kethuthir (WDN), Kethras (LM), Kethorin (GRD), Baema (CPT), Borage (BRG)

Endingwen

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2015, 07:39:19 AM »
The Final March

I'm so glad you were able to attend!  I'm hoping there will be a Final March of Nimrodel II so that Keth and I are able to join in. 

For those who don't frequent the LotRO Nimrodel forum, Favir posted a touching
video of the Last March of Nimrodel, and Trindal's screenshots are here.

Endi

Digger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2015, 07:59:45 AM »
Some useful notes regarding methods of migration:

Recommended Transfer Order

To lessen the chances of item confusion or loss, it is recommended that you transfer any Kinship leaders first, then Home Owners, Shared items, and then other characters or all at once if they are going to the same world.

Diggert

Endingwen

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2015, 01:39:56 PM »
Dadi/Tyrla posted some helpful tips on how to deal with naming conflicts.

From the post:
1) Create a toon and log in. Add your names to the friends list. Check the dates last logged in. If it is 1 year or more (from the time you plan to transfer) you will get the name. If it is close to the date you plan on transferring you may want to postpone your transfer to allow the 12 months to pass.

2) Send an in game mail to the person with the name you want and politely inquire as to whether it is a mule or alt that is not really played. If this is the case, they are likely not very attached to the name. Perhaps they would be willing to rename ahead of your arrival.

Digger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2015, 07:37:11 AM »
Turbine recently held a podcast on the World Transfers.  Here is a link to the transcript of that conversation.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?574416-MMOReporter-LOTRO-Reporter-Episode-286-with-Vyv-and-Frelorn-on-the-World-Transfers

Digger

Kethrandir

• Administrator
  • Auta i lome!
    • View Profile
Dev. Update Regarding Server Transfers
« Reply #53 on: August 17, 2015, 11:37:30 AM »
Vyvyanne has posted an update regarding timelines and plans for server transfers here:  https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?574087-Kinship-Transfer-Guide&p=7426323#post7426323.

Reposted:
"I am glad you guys are set to move as soon as possible, but I would recommend a date in September or October  We found some issues in testing on Bullroarer that we would like to resole before launching on Live. We are finishing up that new build now and hope to have it and the first phase of Live transfers started soon. There will be mails sent out in game as soon as transfer is open for each server and we will also be posting here on the forums and in emails as soon as we have dates, but typically notice will only be a couple days in advance at most as we are walking the balance of getting this out as soon as possible while also trying to make it as error free as possible."

Digger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2015, 07:05:19 PM »
This is good news though we are all anxious to get moving.  This leaves time for plenty of baking and brewing to sustain our long journey.

Cheers,
Digger
not yet Diggert

Orophor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tinnu uin Galadhrim
« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2015, 12:09:34 PM »
With the patch yesterday transfers are live.

Orophor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tinnu uin Galadhrim
« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2015, 05:24:54 PM »
And they disabled it. Apparently transferred characters were having login problems on their new servers

Digger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 26, 2015, 09:43:39 AM »
Transfers are temporarily open; Vvyanne writes, 'We are releaseing a patch this morning with the improvements and at that time we will open up the service for 48 hours for the 5 Remaining US worlds: Arkenstone, Crickhollow, Landroval, Gladden and Brandywine (off world only) to shuffle among themselves. The service will then be turned off again Friday morning as we assess the data and wait for some of the new hardware effort to catch up to our transfer progress.' 

Full post is here: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?575685-World-Transfer-Status-Update-8-26-2015

I would prefer that we not play pioneers here and just hold back until the dust settles.

Digger

Baridoc

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • SANET
« Reply #58 on: August 26, 2015, 10:06:29 AM »
I would prefer that we not play pioneers here and just hold back until the dust settles.

Digger

I am totally with you on this Shire-friend. Let's just keep brewing ale in preparation for our journey.

All Hobbity Affection...

Perigard/ not yet PerEgard

Endingwen

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 26, 2015, 12:20:50 PM »
Transfer services with today's update are only available for players already on the 5 remaining servers.  We'll likely be transferring in mid-Sept. to early Oct. (I think Nimrodel has the 3rd or 4th lowest server population), so we still have a few weeks left to prepare  :)

"In mid-September to Early October we expect to start open transfers off of the closing worlds to the remaining worlds. We will begin with the smaller population worlds so as not to tax the old hardware as we transition to the new but still allowing those on the quiet worlds to start getting to know their new communities. In the October to November time frame is when we expect to be able to do the full switch over to the new hardware and data center for everyone and turn on transfers across all worlds. Please note this is our current timeline and is subject to change based on other delays that may occur during build out."

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?&postid=7431991#post7431991