Poll

What style of house should the kinship buy?

Dwarf
Elf
Hobbit
Men
Abstain
None

Author Topic: A House for our Kinship and a Neighborhood  (Read 19219 times)

Orophor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tinnu uin Galadhrim
Re: A House for our Kinship and a Neighborhood
« Reply #75 on: October 15, 2007, 11:38:57 AM »
Thanks to Perila for a heads-up, apparently tomorrow they are opening the Hobbit and Dwarf neighborhoods tomorrow, Here's the tread:
http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=95596

Fireborn

• Craft-house Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 15, 2007, 02:35:43 PM »
I can't wait to see the hobbit houses  :D :D

I have a feeling that's where I'll end up buying my house since I can imagine that, even if we get a whole neighborhood for rp, there won't be enough room to accomodate everyone.  Plus, I'm diggin' the location of the hobbit houses(I always wondered what they were going to put beyond those gates)

If anyone gets a chance, please post pics/links to pics.

Perila

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 15, 2007, 03:07:03 PM »
Yeah... they were open today, but I guess people were getting stuck in the houses!  :-\

I think I may be getting a Hobbit Hole too... because well, I am a hobbit of course! Saving my money for a nice big one!  ;D

I will post screenshots when I have the chance to check it out too.

Perila

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 16, 2007, 05:31:22 PM »
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 05:44:38 PM by Perila »

Orophor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tinnu uin Galadhrim
« Reply #79 on: October 16, 2007, 08:32:45 PM »
Very nice Perila, thanks for posting those links. I also updated our gallery with the new maps and more screenshots here:
http://tinnu-uin-galadhrim.com/gallery.html

Digger

• Global Moderator
  • Aiyee, tis a hobbit's life for me
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 17, 2007, 08:55:24 AM »
Fair Perila and Noble Orophor,

Thanks so much for these pics.  A kinhall with a river view!  How spectacular would that be.  Falathorn here we come.

As much as I am interested in a Shire home, I will hopefully purchase a house near our kinhall and decorate it in my native fashions.  But, Perila, I understand and share your desire for a Shire place to hang your cloak at the end of day.  Very nice.

Digger

Hosklar

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 17, 2007, 09:06:22 AM »
Does anyone else share the sentiment that it is going to be tough for all of us to purchase a home in the neighborhood that will house or great kin hall?  Especially if we are going together with 2 or 3 other kinships to try and secure an entire RP neighborhood.

Digger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 17, 2007, 09:33:11 AM »
I think it will be nearly impossible for everyone to have a home in the same neighborhood as the kinhall.  And some folks prefer to have their dwellings elsewhere.  Afterall, the fast travel would be to two locations if one did that - your kinhall and your home.  But a little planning and coordination will help us get as many as we can in the neighborhood.  I personally plan to be with Orophor when he makes the kinhall purchase so I can buy mine right then if available. 

Digger

Orophor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tinnu uin Galadhrim
« Reply #83 on: October 17, 2007, 10:19:41 AM »
Also, not everyone will have a personal house I think. For myself, since they are limited to one per account, I might save mine for an alt. As Digger said, some may wish to live with Dwarves, Hobbits or Men as well. There is also the matter of paying weekly upkeep, possibly on both the kinship hall and the personal house which makes me more cautious about it since they raised the weekly fees.

Imara

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 17, 2007, 12:27:39 PM »
Also, not everyone will have a personal house I think. For myself, since they are limited to one per account, I might save mine for an alt. As Digger said, some may wish to live with Dwarves, Hobbits or Men as well. There is also the matter of paying weekly upkeep, possibly on both the kinship hall and the personal house which makes me more cautious about it since they raised the weekly fees.

I thought I'd take this moment to point out that apparently housing prices had changed as well.  I'm not in on the Roheryn event but from what I saw on the forums even the small houses will be costing 50s/week now.

Orophor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tinnu uin Galadhrim
« Reply #85 on: October 17, 2007, 02:54:07 PM »
Well one thing that I just learned makes a good case for having your personal home in the same neighborhood as our kinhall. From the lotro article on housing here:
http://lotro.turbine.com/article/427
Buy Local

When you own a home, you earn a Passive Skill which gives you a discount to purchases and repairs from the vendors in your neighborhood. What's more, if your kinship has a house in the same neighborhood, you get another discount which stacks with your personal house discount.

Hosklar

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 17, 2007, 04:15:29 PM »
I read that and thought it was strange.  On one hand it seems like they want to make these neighborhoods in order for us to meet new people and it can become, as they say, a new family to do events and such with.

On the other hand they are, with this stackable advantage, giving everyone a huge reason to try and make kinship neighborhoods.  Seems like a split focus to me.

Digger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 17, 2007, 10:53:14 PM »
Like us, they are just trying to figure it out.  I think the issue swings two ways.  First, different neighborhood means travel to two locations fast.  And now, same neighborhood means less expenses.  So interesting decisions to make.  I just want to be near the kinhall with a nice garden and a view.  But I will want to hire a good cook who can at last make tea.

Imara

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 19, 2007, 01:29:22 PM »
Before I heard this from Orophor I was heavily considering buying a quaint little house in Bree, now it seems a home in Falathorn with our kinsmen will be where I end up.  Perhaps just a ltitle place for now.

Loraq of Lorien

Mordorrain

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 23, 2007, 12:36:21 PM »
Mae Govannen Kinfolk

With my absence over, I am trying to catch up with all the threads but to save some time, has location of the main kinship hall been decided?

My apologies if this ground has been covered.

Thanks

Mordorrain