Author Topic: Hail Kethrandir, Tur!  (Read 2349 times)

Orophor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tinnu uin Galadhrim
Hail Kethrandir, Tur!
« on: May 08, 2012, 01:38:25 PM »
For those who did not attend our fifth anniversary party, I wanted to pass along the news and thank Kethrandir for stepping up as our leader. He organized this year's party, has steadfastly helped Kin in need and is willing to take Tinnu to the next level.

I ask you show the same patience, support and enthusiasm for Kethrandir as you graciously shared with me. I look forward to a new day in Tinnu.

Yours in retirement,
Orophor
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 07:41:09 PM by Kethrandir »

Kethrandir

• Administrator
  • Auta i lome!
    • View Profile
Re: Hail Kethrandir, Tur!
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 07:33:04 PM »
Thank you for entrusting me with this role, my friend. 

Your leadership these past several years has been exemplary, and I hope to build upon your successes in the years to come.  I have taken on this responsibility with three key thoughts in mind:
  • I and Endingwen plan to remain in Middle-Earth until they pull the plug on the last server;
  • Though some of my alts are elsewhere, Kethrandir shall remain in Tinnu until Digger Goodsong release me, or death take me, or the world end; and
  • I believe strongly in the vision and balance with which the Tinnu uin Galadhrim was founded and continues to uphold.

Over the past four years, Endingwen and I have grown to love Turbine's Middle-Earth and many of you whom we've met in our travels.  In many ways, our kinship has been what's made this journey such a success.  My preliminary goals for the future of Tinnu are therefore threefold:
  • nurture existing friendships;
  • provide opportunities for new friendships; and
  • uphold the founding principles of the kinship.

In the weeks, months, and years ahead, I hope we can gather together and explore ways to meet these goals.  As Tur Emeritus Orophor has so often reminded us, we are all here freely with no oaths or bonds to constrain our coming, going, or returning. The time we share together is a gift freely given and joyfully received, without burden.  Our time is often limited, and our gaming choices only grow.  Yet I see the same love for each other and Turbine's Middle-Earth in many of you that I also feel, so I'm confident Endingwen and I won't be standing alone at the Gates of Mordor.  I hope to see each and every one of you as we tread our winding paths.

Yours in kinship,
Kethrandir Orodlir
The House of Keth:  Kethrandir (HTR), Kerephor (MNS), Kethuthir (WDN), Kethras (LM), Kethorin (GRD), Baema (CPT), Borage (BRG)

Digger

• Global Moderator
  • Aiyee, tis a hobbit's life for me
    • View Profile
Re: Hail Kethrandir, Tur!
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 04:02:48 AM »
Hail, Kethrandir, Tur!

I shall continue my presence and annoying habits with delight and joy.  Until that day when the Black Gates fall and a new King is crowned, I will be with you.  As you mention, duties call and customs lie upon us, as the old poet said, heavy as frost and deep almost as life.  As best and as often as I can, I will join the battle and explore this wonderful Middle Earth.

Cheers,
Digger Goodsong
a simple hobbit