Author Topic: RP adventures?  (Read 2086 times)

Tuiliel

• View Profile
RP adventures?
« on: April 15, 2011, 04:55:12 PM »
Greetings, friends!

When I stopped by Landroval recently, I noticed that my kin there was starting a series of RP adventures that sounded like a wonderful idea for adding some excitement to the usual routine. They got a group together of committed RP leaders and developed a storyline whereby they would lead individuals or groups in a series of activities around a single storyline. Quests/deeds/instances/wanderings/random slaughter could be run in character and following along this theme, making them less grindy and more creative. It does not have to be particularly structured--players would decide when and how to join, giving them plenty of time to prepare, and there would be no required timeline, just jumping in when the mood strikes. Storylines could follow some type of mystery (recovering lost possessions from the kin's history, tracking down a long-lost member), a rescue (saving a community in the Shire from some creeping threat), orders from above (Elrond finds a use for us in the depths of Moria), etc., and could evolve over time as we undertake and record our progress. Screenies and stories could be posted on the web site for all to see and be inspired by.

Is this idea of interest to the group? If so, are there volunteers for a group to think of a story idea and take kinfolk out on these adventures?

Always your servant,
Tuiliel
Tuiliel, Lady of the Silver Arrow

Felinphor

• View Profile
Re: RP adventures?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 09:26:13 PM »
an interesting concept, we should give it a try!  Maybe a set time/event for a "first" try ?

Digger

• Global Moderator
  • Aiyee, tis a hobbit's life for me
    • View Profile
Re: RP adventures?
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 09:13:48 AM »
I would lend a hand to support those who might enjoy an evening doing this.  For my own preferences, I just enjoy doing the challenges we have in game together.  However, I have participated in such events and know their appeal to many.

I want to say how much Lokhmir enjoyed meeting everyone at the Pony last night.  That turned into a wonderful gathering.  Exchanging tales and tunes is really a good way to spend an evening and get to know folks better.  Let's do that again and I or Lilly will come too.  Maybe even Tarlwyn.  Boy, can he tell some tales.

Cheers,
DIgger