Author Topic: The Fall of Gondolin Story Telling Event  (Read 2166 times)

Gaiagil

• View Profile
The Fall of Gondolin Story Telling Event
« on: March 29, 2011, 01:34:14 PM »
Aiya Tinnu!

It is long since I have travelled to your realm, and yet I miss you all. So much so, that I would like you all to visit me on Elendilmir. Let me explain.

Last Fall, one of the bloggers on my.lotro challenged his fellows to elaborate on J.R.R. Tolkien's amazing chapter on the "Fall of Gondolin" in his book, The Lost Tales. A few of us met his challenge, including the brilliant Lady Tuiliel, Linett and me. This coming Saturday, April 2nd at 9pm eastern, we will be reading our tales. I haven't heard if the Lady Tuiliel is able to come yet, but her poem will be read even if she must be absent, and it is well worth hearing! Linett will be there to read two very wonderful tales from her own prolific quill.

Please come join us on Elendilmir, in Elrond's Hall of Fire. Transportation to Rivendell will be provided by the Rangers of Ithilien, as will refreshments. We are creating a user chat channel for the event. Type /joinchannel gondolin to join in and request transport.

Here's the lorebook page on the event: http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Fall_of_Gondolin#Fall_of_Gondolin_Story_Telling_Event

I would love to see you all there.
Gaiagil

Tuiliel

• View Profile
Re: The Fall of Gondolin Story Telling Event
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 02:36:07 PM »
I will definitely be in attendance. However, due to the current state of my lungs, if we're doing this in voice chat I will have an alternate reader for my piece--I've tried practicing it a few times and can't get through it.

I encourage all of you to create a character on Elendilmir and come out on April 2 to support your Tinnu writers! Gaiagil doesn't know this yet, but a 4th MyLOTRO blogger has recently come over to Nimrodel and joined the Tinnu: Deomacro, the creator of this writing challenge. The creative side of the Tinnu is one of the reasons I enjoy this kin so very much!
Tuiliel, Lady of the Silver Arrow

Gaiagil

• View Profile
Re: The Fall of Gondolin Story Telling Event
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 09:54:42 PM »
Yes, Deomacro contacted me and made me very jealous! He's going to be on your server full time and able to see all of you more... And at level! Ai! Alas!

Gaiagil