Author Topic: Friday Night Raids. This week: The Watcher!  (Read 3502 times)

Tuiliel

• View Profile
Friday Night Raids. This week: The Watcher!
« on: March 28, 2011, 05:13:12 PM »
My friends, the removal of radiance from the game has opened up game content to kinnies who previously were not able to access it. With a whole new world of possibilities available to us, let us join together and fight the Shadow everywhere it creeps into this world!

We are looking for 12 strong fighters to defeat the Watcher this Friday at 9pm EST. Send mail to Tuiliel if interested in signing up.

More misadventures to come! We are making Friday Night Raids a regular event and hope to add one other time per week when those with different schedules can join in the fun. If you need or want a specific group instance (any level), send mail to Tuiliel or Ellewyn with your request. If Fridays at 9 do not work for you, suggest an alternative and we'll work to get it done. I will track interested participants, and if we have more than we need, we will make decisions based on order of signing up, necessary class balance, and need, and we can always run more than one group if we have enough interest. Questions/thoughts? Let me know.

Yours in service,
Tuiliel
Tuiliel, Lady of the Silver Arrow

Endingwen

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Friday Night Raids. This week: The Watcher!
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 08:10:12 AM »
I thought this guide to the Watcher might be useful.  It includes a (linked) video, the "perfect" group setup, recommended class builds, and describes the three phases of the fight. 

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/lord-rings-online-general-discussion-424/347892-guide-watcher-2-0-a.html#post5107758

Tuiliel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 09:35:38 AM »
Thanks Endi! This looks great. Are you joining us (she says with a slightly pleading tone in her voice)?

Orophor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tinnu uin Galadhrim
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2011, 11:47:10 AM »
Because I am on the West Coast, 9PM EDT is tricky for me, but if I can sneak out of work a bit early then you may have the services of my house, Orophor (65 GRD) is obviously my best traited character, but as these things go, Sigbrect (65 CPT) or Malindar (63 MIN) should be suitable.

Digger

• Global Moderator
  • Aiyee, tis a hobbit's life for me
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2011, 12:52:51 PM »
My Beloved Kinfolks,

I regret that this Friday, I will not be with you unless I can work something clever.  I will be on the West Coast attending a conference of wizards.  I am taking my laptop which can run lotro, and if I am free in the evening, then I will join you.  (It will be hard to use the laptop keyboard instead of my dear Logitech one, but I can click and try. hehe)

I would love trying the Watcher and also running the new instances which I am sure you all have done many time already.  *sticks out his tongue*

See you if I can,

Digger Goodsong
a simple hobbit

Endingwen

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2011, 12:57:24 PM »
It turns out the link in the guide is broken (at least it is for me), so here is the same video from the guide author's Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/spyx750#p/u/9/0qGV3s9cApI

I think it would be really helpful if everyone read the recommended trait setup (and traited accordingly), the synopsis of the fight, and watched the video before the raid.  That way everyone would be on the same page  :)  Thoughts?

Henglaf

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2011, 04:58:02 AM »
The perfect group is 12 burgs :D
"Out of doubt, out of dark to the day's rising,
I came singing in the sun sword unsheathing.
To hope's end I rode and to heart's breaking;
Now for wrath, now for ruin, and a red nightfall!"

Tuiliel

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2011, 06:46:23 AM »
Ok, here's what I have for the group, along with the suggested class for those who have multiple options. According to the walkthrough, the ideal group looks something like this:

1 Guardian
2 Champs
1 Captain
2 Burglars
2 Lore-Masters
2 Minstrels
2 Hunters

Based on my calculations, we have

2 Guards (El, Iberian)
1 Champ (Alwe)
2 Burglars (Henglaf, Thrill)
1 LM (Endi--a maybe still, so we may need to adjust)
2 Healers (Sniff confirmed, Half/Keth/Digger all 'maybes' for position 2)
3 Hunters (Tui, Felinphor, Amryth)
1 of whatever else we think we need (this is Neath, who has everything. Another LM or a captain sound like the best options)

If Endi can't make it, we'll slot Neath as the LM and take whoever from the 'maybe' list is around. If we're short a healer somehow, Neath can go as RK. But it looks like we have something somewhat close to the recommended approach.

Let me know if you have thoughts or recommendations. I'm really excited about the enthusiastic response to this--go Tinnu!

Mithasul

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2011, 10:04:26 AM »
Greetings:

Alwe is at your service as well any other of the family (Mithasul, Dinsul, Vynnie).

However, there is always a caveat and that is that I am not master of my time, the Lady of the house is.  If she is kind enough not to have plans for me tonight I will be there.  (right now there are none)  If by any chance you do not see me ... well I am having a very nice time with the Lady of the house and my best wishes to all in the raid.

Hope to see everyone at 9.

Mith