Author Topic: A Weaving Celebration  (Read 5810 times)

Digger

• Global Moderator
  • Aiyee, tis a hobbit's life for me
    • View Profile
A Weaving Celebration
« on: March 12, 2011, 01:06:23 PM »
We will be weaving the good allies of the Silver Willow into the Tinnu uin Galadhrim.  After discussing this step forward at length, the officers of each kinship have decided to agree to weave the members of the Silver Willow into our kinship.  As you may not be aware, the Silver Willow is one of the oldest kinships and has long kept a strong practice of role-playing.  Times are changing, and now they and we are to join together.  This is a time of celebration.

Let us plan a party where we can come together and enjoy each other's company as well as formalize our plans.  I would like to suggest that with the new release on 3/21, that following Sunday evening, 3/27 at 9pm est, might be a great time.  Further, I would suggest some games and music as well as some time for discussions.  (Let's keep the discussions short if we can by preparing ahead and resolving issues in advance.)  Is there some ceremony that we might hold for this occasion?  If so, please suggest one.

I shall be glad to plan this celebration but would really rather help someone else since I am hoping to plan our upcoming Anniversary Party in early May.  If you would like to lead the celebration planning, just let me know here in this thread.  I can contribute some fun games and gather some prizes from our folks for gifts.

Time to start this rolling and have a grand time together with new kinmates and new adventures in the coming release.

Digger Goodsong
a party-lovin hobbit

Tuiliel

• View Profile
Re: A Weaving Celebration
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 08:13:48 AM »
Unfortunately RL and in-game commitments over the next few weeks prevent me from taking the lead on organizing this one, but I can arrange the musical entertainment for the evening if that would be helpful.
Tuiliel, Lady of the Silver Arrow

Digger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 04:21:21 PM »
Wonderful, Ms. Tui.  We have music.  Please do include others so we have some group music if you will.   

Now, I need someone to handle our refreshments for us.  Who will help with that?

Digger

Endingwen

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2011, 09:48:20 PM »
Master Goodsong,

I believe Meryn would be quite up to the challenge of providing refreshments for such a gathering.  Should we have the usual tarts, pies, and cakes?  Or should we do something a little more unorthodox and have a fish-fry with some nice ales?

Endi
keeper of [kitchen] keys

Digger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2011, 08:35:17 PM »
Ale and fish sounds delicious.  And how kind of you to take this part.

Thank you,
John

Chritien

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2011, 02:49:58 PM »
I would be happy to help but it seems Like Tuiliel RL events conflict with me attending said celebration. The weekend of the 19th (that would be this coming weekend) my husband and I are driving to LA for the memorial service for his Grandmother and The fallowing weekend (that of the 26th) we will be going back to LA for a 4 day Baja Cruse. I have some time between these weekends to craft some food and other trinkets for the party if you like.
You can contact me on google hangouts at barbara@barbara.pro If you'd like my Cell number to be able to text me send a PM and i'll be happy to give it to you.

Ashwil

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2011, 08:23:39 AM »
I welcome the idea of holding the event at the Silver Willow's house in Tum Raen.  However, 9pm edt on 3/27 will be awkward for me. Earlier would be better, even 8pm as a start time.  Also, let me make sure the other Silver Willow-to-Tinnu uin Galadhrim folks can make it on Sunday.

Digger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2011, 09:24:47 AM »
Unfortunately, 3/27 has a RL conflict for me.  Perhaps the following Sunday at 8pm.  This would give folks time to do other things afterward.  I hope my inconvenience doesn't cause others troubles.

Digger

Ashwil

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2011, 09:37:29 AM »
Yes, let's try for next Sunday, April 3.  Thanks Digger!

Kethrandir

• Administrator
  • Auta i lome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2011, 08:29:10 AM »
Greetings Friends! 

Do we have any more concrete plans for our Weaving Celebration?  Tomorrow (4/3) will be tricky for Endi and me, as we have family in town.  Hopefully Digger can chime in here as well... my understanding is that he may be on the road through Sunday. 

I'm excited for the gathering and looking forward to seeing all of you!  I've very much enjoyed meeting and adventuring with many of you already.  Hopefully we can find a time that works for everyone. 

Keth
The House of Keth:  Kethrandir (HTR), Kerephor (MNS), Kethuthir (WDN), Kethras (LM), Kethorin (GRD), Baema (CPT), Borage (BRG)

Chritien

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2011, 02:43:23 PM »
Well here I thought I'd miss all the fun but it seems I'm lucky. I have returned from my Baja Cruise with my husband and now I am free during the weekends. Though school starts up on Monday so i will have to spend some time on school work. If there is anything I can do to help out please let me know.
You can contact me on google hangouts at barbara@barbara.pro If you'd like my Cell number to be able to text me send a PM and i'll be happy to give it to you.

Ashwil

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2011, 10:06:38 PM »
I don't think anything is in the works for April 3.  Let's regroup and try to find a good day this celebration.

Tuiliel

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2011, 05:23:21 AM »
Agreed--I don't think anyone was notified in game about it, so it would be a bit tough to get people together for tonight at this point. My schedule is almost always flexible, but I know that there is one active new member who generally works nights, and a few others who prefer earlier hours as well, and 8-9pm is near dinnertime for our west coasters. Any chance we could try a Saturday or Sunday late afternoon?

I remain happy to coordinate some music for the event, and if you would like me to send out the in-game invitations once we have settled on a day/time, I could do that as well. Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.

Tuiliel, Lady of the Silver Arrow

Digger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2011, 08:58:03 AM »
I humbly beg your forgiveness for being the fallen arch in the march of progress on this party.  Insert entertaining RL excuses.  So now let's do this.  Step one is setting the date.  Any thoughts now?  And one big challenge is getting the word to our allies.  Leithrim has sort of become disorganized and I don't know who to send invitations to anymore.  I know Ivanthee and Big.  Who else?  It is important to use such events to pull our allies together and I do want them to join us this time.  Help me figure out a way to communicate with them all and get them to the event.

I will publish an agenda this week and start tasking the various parts.  Thank you for your generous understanding.

Digger

Gaiagil

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2011, 10:49:06 AM »
Aiya Tinnu!
I am glad I didn't miss this. It seems a most important event, worthy of traveling to Nimrodel to attend!  I will lend my musical abilities to the event. Lady Tuiliel, you can count me in!

Gaiagil