Linked Events

• Kin Party: November 22, 2009

Author Topic: A Gathering of the Tinnu uin Galadhrim  (Read 7114 times)

Morlocrond

• View Profile
Re: A Gathering of the Tinnu uin Galadhrim
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2009, 10:52:37 AM »
I have a superb lorien cloak, and two wonderful kazad-gold rings.  This is not counting anything sent to me by lotro mail on monday which i haven't checked yet.

Come one, come all to best darn show in the land.  The Tinnu uin Galadhrim band.

Don't forgets to sends me all your prizes.  They are so preciousss.  ;)

But i digress.

Thats all I have accounted so far Master Goodsong.  I shall check in-game this very evening to see if more have arrived. 

Kethrandir

• Administrator
  • Auta i lome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2009, 03:07:57 PM »
A dispatch from Esteldin-

Greetings my kinsmen and kinswomen, naugrim and hobbits, elves of the Hither Lands!

I apologize for my absence of late.  I left quite quickly from my home in Gladcreek nearly a week ago, without a word to Kethras while he fussed in the garden, nor to Kerephor as he peered curiously from the den.  I’m afraid I’ve even missed my cherished Friday tea with Master Goodsong!  But danger and adventure are afoot.

As you know, evil stirs in Dol Guldur once again.  Khamul, the lieutenant of Sauron, threatens the Golden Wood from the east.  Soon, we may be called to aid the elves of Lorien in their fight against this spreading shadow.  For this, we must remain steadfast and prepared.  A rather unexpected bit of news came to me recently, news which may bring hope to those struggling against this particular evil.  

A week ago, a message arrived (dispatched from a very dear friend) carrying fresh information on a long-lost cache of parchment in the lands north of Bree.  Where exactly this friend could not say, but it has long been rumored these parchments contain information on the first coming of Sauron to Amon Lanc.  This was in the early days of the Dunedain of Arnor, centuries before even Angmar threatened the North.  

I immediately set out to help locate this trove, in hope that these relics might aid the armies of the Free People against the evil in Dol Guldur.  If the rumors are true, these records must be passed to Lady Galadriel and Lord Celeborn in Lorien!  

Sadly, as yet, no evidence of this cache has been found.  My friend and I have searched extensively throughout Fornost and the fields before it, as likely a place for such a trove as any.  We next turn our attention to... no, I dare not reveal too much at this point, as I believe our activities here have raised considerable suspicion.  

Remain vigilant, kinfolk!  I shall send further news as I can.  With luck, preparation, and the grace of Elbereth, victory over this evil will come swiftly.  

Kethrandir Orodlir, Lord of Streams

« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 08:53:10 PM by Kethrandir »
The House of Keth:  Kethrandir (HTR), Kerephor (MNS), Kethuthir (WDN), Kethras (LM), Kethorin (GRD), Baema (CPT), Borage (BRG)

Digger

• Global Moderator
  • Aiyee, tis a hobbit's life for me
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2009, 09:55:25 AM »
Treasurer of Prizes, Morlocrond,

Would you please update the list of all the prizes so far?  Put them in two categories: Completed and Custom-made with those who offered to make or give something individually under the custom-made category.

Thanks,
Digger

Digger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2009, 09:58:14 AM »
Aha! I knew that elf, Kethrandir, was up to something.  I want to know more details if it is going to be so important to us all.  Tell us more, Master Kethrandir.   Inquiring minds want to know.

Digger Goodsong

Digger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2009, 10:19:37 AM »
My Beloved Kinfolks,

Here is the agenda for our coming Gathering:

First, meet at the Kinhall at 8 pm EST and receive some fine refreshments.
       Meet all your kin and friends from around the lands.

We then go on a tour of the selected homes for the Home Tour.
       Bring small gifts for the Hosts/Hostesses at these homes and enjoy snooping.

Next, we have a special RP event all ready for your delight.
       News is breaking even now about this critical happening and mystery.

And then return for a carnival of three games at the same time:
      1) A fishing contest for all you mighty lords of the streams
       2) A race or two for you fast moving folks
       3) An Emotional Trial for those who know their emotes

Finally, we close with our traditional Remembrance
       We remember those friends no longer with us whom we hold in honor.

And then it is fare-thee-well and off to the coming War!

Here are those good kinfolk who are helping make this a Grand Party:

a) Judge for the fishing contests - Emrys & Sand
        b) Judge for the races - Aratlin & Droborn
        c) Circle leader of the Emotional Trials - Digger
        d) Hostesses/Hosts for refreshments and greeting - Endingwen & Harmonii
        e) Leader of the Special Event - Kethrandir & Roree
        f)  Home Tour judges:  Orophor, Endingwen, Alduriel, Chritien and Amryth
        g) Treasurer of Prizes - Morlocrond and OPEN
        h) Musicians - OPEN to all who play tunes

I want to thank these good folk for all their kind help and ask you to help fill the OPEN spots quickly.  Just send me a note if you can help with these OPENs.

Now back to the preparations.  The Goodsong Manor is a disaster now with all these people about and eating all my food too.  My mailbox is overflowing with parcels and notes that must be answered.  My lawn looks like a horse track in the rain.  I will never get my flowers back again.  Oh dear, this is so busy busy all the time.  See you all at the Gathering!

Digger
a busy busy hobbit
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 07:28:22 PM by Digger »

Morlocrond

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2009, 08:02:25 AM »
Good Master Goodsong,

I shall make the list of prizes you have requested when next I can check my store house. 

Morlocrond the Unhorsed

Morlocrond

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2009, 05:52:39 PM »
The Prize List, As I Know It.  Please feel free to correct my mistakes.

1. The Shard Collection (1-Mithril Flake, 5 Beryl, 5 Sapphire, 5 Adamant Shards)
2. Custom made 2nd Age Runekeeper Stone or Champion Rune by Solileth
3. 2 - custom Glowing Aureate Jewelry Pieces by Kethrandir
4. Power LvLing any character up to 10 lvl's by Turgin
5. Custom Top tier cloak or any 1 piece of the Medium Golden Wood Armour, consultation with Ellewyn
6. "Blank Mentor Manual" - learn to play an instrument from Digger
7. "Breakfast Connoisseur" - Get the covetted title (Eggs & Onions, Crispy Bacon, Complete Hobbit Breakfast, Hobbiton Omlets)
8. 15 scrols of improved battle lore
9. 2 dawn-rose bracelet recipes
10. 15 scrolls of improved warding lore
11. 15 pure athelas extracts
12. 1 mithril flake
13. 1 mithril flake
14. 20 scrolls of impoved warding lore
15. 50 potent athelas essences
16. 50 potent celebrant salves
17. khazad-gold ring
18. khazad-gold ring
19. Peerless Thain's Sword
20. sublime dawn-rose bracelet
21. aquamarine ring
22. brilliant aquamarine bracelet
23. aquamarine necklace
24. brilliant aquamarine necklace
25. khazad-gold bracelet
26. khazad-gold bracelet
27. Lothlorien Elder's hooded cloak
28. sublime dawn-rose bracelet
29. 1 supreme master woodworkers journal recipe
30. 50 lothlorien waybread
31. 1 blueberry tart recipe
32. polished beryl necklace
33. 100 exceptional hides
34. 50 cream of barley soups
35. 50 cream of onion soups
36. 12 racks of lamb with mint sauce
37. grand master woodworkers journal recipe
38. 2nd age reforged minstrels songbook
39. 2nd age reforged lore-master's book
40. 2nd age warden's javelin
41. 20 scrolls of improved battle lore
42. 10 black dyes
43. 15 dawn-roses
44. 2nd age champions great hammer
45. 2nd age warden's sword
46. 50 racks of lamb with mint sauce

That is what i have.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 12:08:41 PM by Morlocrond »

Kethrandir

• Administrator
  • Auta i lome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2009, 06:13:17 PM »
 :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

I'm suddenly concerned that unsustainable consumption, rather than Sauron, represents the greatest risk to the Free Peoples.  Did someone recently open a Walmart in Bywater?  I hope all that packaging doesn't end up in the Brandywine!
The House of Keth:  Kethrandir (HTR), Kerephor (MNS), Kethuthir (WDN), Kethras (LM), Kethorin (GRD), Baema (CPT), Borage (BRG)

Digger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2009, 07:44:37 PM »
Morlocrond,

I think we have a treasure here.   Guard it well.  Now, let's find you a partner to hand those out to winners.  That takes time and is easiest with two folks.  Thank you so much for your excellent bookkeeping.  You are doing a wonderful job.

So how is the storage holding up?  Need help there?  Also, I have a few more prizes still coming.

Cheers,
Digger

Drogorn

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2009, 11:06:43 PM »
Looking at all the prizes and such that have been donated, I have to say that this Kinship never fails to impress me with their kindness and generosity.

Anywho, I have been away from the game for quite some time. But I intend on returning here this week, just in time for these festivities. I look forward to spending time with you all again.

Morlocrond

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2009, 05:44:29 AM »
Good Master Digger,

So far my store house is holding up well.  I have some room for more prizes even.

If it doesn't look like there are enough prizes, I thought maybe we could break up some of the stacks.  The 100 exceptional hides could become two stacks of 50 for example.  Just a thought.

Haha, A Walmart in Bywater indeed.  Falling prices at Walmart, get your mithril flakes on sale now only 500 silver.  Don't forget your six pack of frothy beers only 10 silver, limit 10 per customer. :)

But i digress, I shall broadcast on the forums here for a partner in prizes.

Morlocrond the Unhorsed

Digger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2009, 10:00:58 AM »
I think we are reaching the point of goodness here, Morlocrond.  Very good indeed.  Just hold until we can gather together before the party and talk.  Right now, the important thing is to find you a partner to help hand these out to folks.

Digger

Kethrandir

• Administrator
  • Auta i lome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2009, 06:50:25 PM »
Greetings from Lin Giliath!

My search continues for the hidden parchments in the North Downs.  If these documents do indeed detail the first coming of Sauron to the once-fair hill of Amon Lanc, we must find them, for all our sakes! 

My friend and I have been searching extensively in the scattered ruins of western Nan Amlug.  Despite the formidable Dourhand presence here, no one seems to know anything about these records.  After much prodding and substantial quantities of ale, the dwarf Hannar directed us to an elf by the name of Glambaen living to the south, in Lin Giliath.  This master of lore is thought to know much of the history of this region and should be able to help us in our search.

We just arrived in Lin Giliath for the night and will speak with Glambaen in the morning.  With luck, our efforts thus far will not have been in vain. 

I hope all is well back in Falathlorn!  Ná Elbereth veria le, ná elenath dín síla erin rád o chuil lín.

Kethrandir

Digger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2009, 11:37:41 AM »
Kethrandir,

Thanks for this update.  One must assume that the enemy knows about your search and is looking for you.  I hope this isn't so, but caution is needed now that you are getting close.  My thoughts are with you and your mission.  We of the Tinnu uin Galadhrim are proud that one of ours was chosen for this special assignment.  But I am worried.  Be careful and don't rush into things, please.  We need you both back for the Gathering and in one piece each. 

Digger Goodsong
a worried hobbit

Digger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2009, 08:42:32 AM »
My Beloved Kinfolks,

I want to thank heartily everyone who helped with the Gathering this fall.  In spite of the longish duration and my poor sense of timing, I hope everyone had a good time.  For me, the main thing is just the getting together.  I was so glad to meet old friends again, and many came to be with us.  It is always a pleasure to greet our stalwart allies at such affairs.  So often in game, I see them passing and have no way to say how much the alliance means to me.

If you know of someone who came or couldn't come, we saved prizes for them.  Pls drop me a note with their names, and I will post them a note and gift from us all.

Now, my dear Lilly is making muffins for me, and I plan a long rest at home.  Cheers to all, and let us hope always for victory in the coming war.

Cheers,
Digger Goodsong
a tired hobbit