Linked Events

• Kin Party: November 22, 2009

Author Topic: A Gathering of the Tinnu uin Galadhrim  (Read 7233 times)

Digger

• Global Moderator
  • Aiyee, tis a hobbit's life for me
    • View Profile
A Gathering of the Tinnu uin Galadhrim
« on: October 31, 2009, 03:40:46 PM »
My Beloved Kinfolks,

I feel the need for a big, really BIG PARTY!  War is coming to us soon.  The clouds gather above the places we love even now.  The enemy will be attacking in force.  We must ready ourselves for this great battle effort.  It is not by arms alone that we shall win, but by the hearts and friendships we share as kin.  So now we gather to sing praises, have fun, drink and share our friendship with one another.  This will pull us together as we charge forward to slay our common enemy and protect our homes.

Please let me know if you are willing to help.  I need fine prizes for games and gifts - no mathoms please.  Crafters, please volunteer to create your best items for you kinmates.  I need musicians too who want to play songs for us.  I will need hosts and hostesses to greet folks and treasurers to pass out prizes and gifts for all.  My goal is that everyone in our kinship will get a great gift to take them forward - special armour, jewelry, weapons, potions, and so much more of the very, very best we can make.  We can reforge weapons for prizes too - Second Age only please.

Post here if you want to help.  Watdh here for more news as it breaks.

Digger Goodsong
a party lovin' hobbit
« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 07:14:12 AM by Orophor »

Digger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: A Gathering of the Tinnu uin Galadhrim
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 08:30:27 AM »
Wow, the interest here is overwhelming.  ahem.

Digger

Kethrandir

• Administrator
  • Auta i lome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 09:07:01 AM »
Not to worry, Master Goodsong!  Some of us are already busy with preparations!

I'm already hard at work crafting prizes, organizing a special event, and fixing up my home in the Shire for entry in the Tour of Homes.  In particular, I plan on providing the following prizes/gifts:

Resplendent Shoulders of Lothlorien
August Shoulder Pads of the Golden Wood
Glowing Aureate Band of Tactics
Fantastic Flounders
Big Mouth Basses

Those last two certainly are something, aren't they?  I'm thinking too of providing vouchers for appropriate armour/weapons to those participants who aren't at the level cap and cannot yet put to use top-end items.  They should still get something top-notch! 

I also know that Endingwen has been very busy in the fields of Hobbiton.   ;)

Keth
The House of Keth:  Kethrandir (HTR), Kerephor (MNS), Kethuthir (WDN), Kethras (LM), Kethorin (GRD), Baema (CPT), Borage (BRG)

Morlocrond

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2009, 10:35:45 AM »
Good Master Digger,

I would love to help in this grand cause.  I am limited on what my role as helper would be.  I can be a host, or treasurer.  I can port fellow party kin around, (every place but Forochel).

I can not craft anything useful, but if there is other roles to fill I will gladly try.

Morlocrond the Unhorsed

Digger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2009, 10:48:27 AM »
Oh good, this feels better.  Keth, I too have been considering some kind of voucher for a prize.  I may have some of those 'notes' we could use.  But it would be really nice to give a true voucher or token to exchange.  I just can't figure out what to use or how to do this.

Morlocrond, would you be our Treasurer of Prizes?  This is a challenging task cause you have to store all the prizes until the Gathering then pass them out.  Storage can be a problem, believe me.  If you had a partner, this would be easier.  See if someone will partner with you and post their names here so we can begin sending our prizes to them.

We still need more folks to help though.  We need judges and hosts/hostesses.  And we need musicians.

Digger

Morlocrond

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2009, 01:59:43 PM »
I would gladly be the Treasurer for this esteemed event.  I shall check my stores, I have a good amount of room in Morlocrond's wharehouse, as well as, a dwarf friend of his ( low lvl alt).

I shall also ask around and see if anyone else would like to help with the storage.

Morlocrond the Unhorsed

Little Bear

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2009, 02:42:23 PM »
Looks like I'll be out of town and miss this party.  :-[ I'll check my storage and see if there is anything that could be added for prizes.

LB
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 02:47:33 PM by Little Bear »

Digger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2009, 04:53:34 PM »
Volunteers Needed!  Help with our Gathering before the War!

So far these are the roles and helpers:
Kethrandir:  Event Leader for 'The Lost Scholar'
Endingwen: Lead Hostess and Cook - please coordinate all food and hosting with Ms. Endy
Morlocrond: Treasurer of Prizes - needs a partner soon!  Send all prizes you make to him.  Remember only the very best for our kinmates.

Some of you are already busy crafting prizes.  Thank you very very much.  Send them to Morlocrond for safe-keeping till party time.

We need:
Judges for Home Tour (3) - select the 7 homes for our tour
Game Leaders (3) - contests carnival-style to run for an hour
Band Leader and Players (5 min) - must be ready with 5 tunes minimum
Chief Cryer (2) - gets the word out to all our kinfolks, old and new, and our allies

Please join us today to make this the grandest party ever.  We will be inviting our allies, so let's throw a BIG party!

Digger
a busy busy busy hobbit
too busy & needs help

Digger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2009, 01:17:08 PM »
I would like to make this Gathering easy for everyone to attend.  So I am considering changing the date to Sunday, November 22 at 8pm EST.  Will that work for everyone?  Please drop a note on your thoughts.

Digger

Endingwen

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2009, 10:09:00 PM »
That sounds wonderful, Digger!  It will give Meryn a couple more days to cook up something spectacular!

Mithasul

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2009, 02:50:07 PM »
That sounds good Master Digger.

Little Bear

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2009, 09:59:55 AM »
I will still be out of town so either date is the same to me. :)

Morlocrond

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2009, 10:28:22 AM »
Sunday works for me.

Morlocrond the Unhorsed

Harmonii

• Angel's Eyes, Broken Mind ; Elven Heart & Soul
    • View Profile
    • Harmonii's Place
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2009, 12:08:28 AM »
   Hey, you know my opinion, i'm happy to help, i'll do what i can crafting wise, hey do you think dyes would make good prizes? what colors are best liked? besides black, of course, i'm working on that, lol. As well i'm going to collect some scholar mats to make a bunch of scrolls, and mabye some profession books if i can pull it off ;)
   Also, i've already spoken with Endingwen about helping her with hostessing, and i've made a ton of pipe-weed to hand out, yes i have some specially for LM's too  :)
   I'm happy to help out with the band, just lemme know who else will be playing so we can figure out what music we need to start learning :)
I look forward to seeing this all come together, should be a blast! :)
Moonchylde family
 ~ Harmonii, Melodiey, Nailokami, Akashaa, Lunaa

Digger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2009, 10:44:47 AM »
Mistress Harmonii,

Hey back to you, milady.  Thanks so much for all of the help.  We are beginning to get things together now.  But we do need prizes desparately. 

Morlocrond, what prizes do we have so far?

Digger