Author Topic: Great Hunt  (Read 10923 times)

Digger

• Global Moderator
  • Aiyee, tis a hobbit's life for me
    • View Profile
Re: Great Hunt
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2008, 12:45:00 PM »
That's why these items are precious to folks.  I suspect the real challenge will be getting the recipes though.  We can check the AH, but the only drops I know are Annuminas trade-ins for jewelers cases.  Anyone have an idea where to get these recipes?

Digger

Hosklar

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2008, 12:58:29 PM »
Trade-ins are really the best way.  The drops are just a completely random crap shoot from any mob of certain levels really.  I guess GT has the better drop rate, but still not very good.  I suggest we speak to Irreth as she has enough battered fragments for about 40 trade-ins...

Calmegil

• View Profile
    • I sing most backup and lead on Windsong
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2008, 04:48:04 AM »
Annuminas turn ins will give you Master Jeweler cases as well as Epic Mark turn ins.  3 Marks will gt you a Master Jeweler case.  You can control how many cases you grab, but it's a crap shoot as to which Beryl Shard recipies you get.

Mithasul

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2008, 11:14:35 AM »
OK the hunt for jewel cases in Anuminas is going OK.  Thank you for the assistance last night.  Calmegil was able to get some cases.

Now we need 7 more beryl shards, thanks everyone that has sent some to Calmegil.  I will be around tomorrow in the evening.  I will like to set up a group just to get those shards or at least try.  (Tuesday 7PM EST)

Then later in the week or at Master Hosklar convenience we can go to Uru and CD to get the slime and runes.  I would try leading this but I do not know the way and seeing that last time we were able to do in almost 1 hour I defer to Master Hosklar expertise.

Lastly, the supply hunt.  I am thinking on the younger characters to help them get materials.  A couple high level character on each group for protection and then the lower level so they can get their materials.  Please let me know if you are interested in doing this.  That way I will start making a roster.  As tentative date think October 19 7 PM EST.

Thank you all for your assistance,

Mithasul Gray Wind

Hosklar

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2008, 11:21:25 AM »
Well, it is Thanksgiving weekend in Canada this weekend, so I will be out of town visiting family, so that will be out of the question...however, Master Corbun/Auskf is much more of an expert than I am in Carn Dum, and would gladly lead yo into battle there

Digger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2008, 12:22:10 PM »
Mithasul,

If Hosklar can't join us (and I do understand), then let's try Orophor.  He knows these very well and can walk us thru quickly.

Digger

Mithasul

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2008, 03:26:00 PM »
Master Hosklar:

Sorry if I appear to be pushy.  ;D  However, I am looking for you services during the week or next not that Sunday (Did not know that was Thanksgiving in Canada.  Learned something today, good!) 

I will approach Corbun/Auskf and Orophor too in order to do some quick trips to Uru and CD.  I would like to do these trips during the weeknights and mentioned October 19 as a the day to do the Great Hunt and have some fun going around Eradior looking for materials.  The Uru and CD Hunts are just appetizers, I hope. 

I think the Rumper in me is showing as I am planning this Hunt as a I would plan a meal.  An appetizer here, a soup there, some salad, main course and all the wines to pair it and of course desert!!!

At your service,

Mithasul Gray Wind

PS. Do not forget the Champagne

Rumper

Hosklar

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2008, 03:31:15 PM »
Mithasul, I am ever at your service. 

I will be away from this Wednesday evening until later Monday night.  I will be feasting with family for the entirety of the weekend, so I doubt I will be able to pull myself away from that.  After Monday, I will be more than happy to help you out however needed.

Calmegil

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2008, 04:37:30 AM »
An update on the materials I need for the trinkets and baubles I am crafting for the big event

I now have most of the required materials to help garner the best results for Etched jewelry but more is still required:

2 Engraved Beryl Shard Ring Recipies
7 Beryl Shards
15 Journals (This is probably the hardest one to aquire as they require shards and other rare mats as well)

Since my goal is simply to make 2 Etched of each item, (crafting 4 of each is just a precaution to increase the odds of gaining 2) I'll work towards that with the journals.  If I have all I need with materials to spare, I may simply take my chances without the journals and see if I can't come up with some bonus Eched jewelry for folks.

Thank you so much for all the help that has been given in gathering all these mats.  Having hunted them down myself for personal reason, I know how difficult a task it can be and how much it means to donate these items.  Some of you have gone beyond the call of duty and I greatly appreciate it.  Who knows, maybe one of these jewels has your name on it  :)

Digger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2008, 07:57:00 AM »
Tarlwyn has one GM Jeweler's Journal recipe and will make that by Friday.  He also has all of the other resources to make these Journals.  He lacks only the recipes.  So 14 GM Jeweler's Journal Recipes are all that he needs.

Cheers,
Digger

Mithasul

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2008, 08:47:47 AM »
Any Idea where we can get these recipes?  Can we get them bu turning in armor pieces in Anuminas?

Mithasul

Orophor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tinnu uin Galadhrim
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2008, 09:10:02 AM »
There is a very slight chance that such a recipe would be found as loot from fallen foes, a greater but still quite small chance from chests and finally a one in five chance via a scholar's grand master scroll case. The scroll cases can be bartered for in Annuminas for four of the greater and 15 of the lesser armour pieces.

Another way to make the journal recipes go farther is to have a grand master scholar use ancient scholar lore scrolls, superior ancient steel scholar tools, and scrolls of ages. This gives a base 45% of crafting two journals from each recipe.

Calmegil

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2008, 09:37:54 AM »
We may want to plan another foray into Annuminas then.  A group of us running about doing quests and instinces will give us a good chance of getting these recipies.  Also, if we all pass on the Armor frags and Battered armor pieces and let only one person, preferably the scholar, collect them all, then we can all barter for these scroll cases.  This is how I was able to get so many jeweler recipies so quickly. That run we did gave me most what I needed...with some donations from Digger :).

Just a suggestion :)

Digger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2008, 10:16:10 AM »
Orophor,

I didn't realize that a GM Scholar might crit the Journals and get two instead of one.  Since Tarlwyn hasn't used his recipe yet, may I send it to a GM Scholar with the other materials.  That way we just might get enough Journals.

Who is a GM Scholar willing to take this task on?  I will make it a point to mail the recipe as soon as I know to whom it should go.

Cheers,
Digger

Cutholen

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2008, 11:51:24 PM »
Cutholen is a GM Scholar, and glad to help.