Author Topic: Great Hunt  (Read 10597 times)

Mithasul

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Great Hunt
« on: September 29, 2008, 10:11:21 AM »
Greetings my good kinfolk!

I do not know at what level is everyone regarding their crafts but I remember the lots of fun we had on our last great raid hunt for crafting materials.
Since we are planning to have a celebration soon we might need some supplies and we might just take the opportunity to help everyone get a bump on their crafts. 
Grinding for supplies It is better when you do it as a group and you have the opportunity to fall of from a cliff or two.
I am thinking to do this a couple of weeks before our celebration. 
Your thought, comments and ideas will be appreciated.

At your service,

Mithasul Gray Wind

Digger

• Global Moderator
  • Aiyee, tis a hobbit's life for me
    • View Profile
Re: Great Hunt
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 08:12:05 AM »
Good Hunter Grey Wind,

I think this is a great idea.  Now we do have special orders that might require special Hunts.  We need several difficult items such as the Wing of Ruined Dominance, Slim of Helechgam, etc.  How might we get those?

Digger

Mithasul

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 07:22:59 AM »
Hello:

Lets make a list and check it twice ...
Oops not that Season yet.

But seriously, lets make a list of what we want and I think we have enough people and firepower to go anywhere we want, it is just a matter of organizing the time and what we need.

So far I have heard Slime and Runes and both are in CD or Uru.
Do we need any more mundane items like wood, ore, farming items?

If we are thinking for the party on Oct 26?  Then we have the weekend of the 11 and 17 to do this. 

Hosklar was able to make a Slime run last night in about 1 hour.  So it should be possible to make multiple runs?

Mithasul Gray Wind

Calmegil

• View Profile
    • I sing most backup and lead on Windsong
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 08:08:27 AM »
I am not in need of anything at this time, but will lend my bow to the effort!

Digger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2008, 09:12:33 AM »
Top end prizes would be things like the etched beryl jewelry which requires very special resources and shards.  So if we could gather those, make some new scholar 'master scrolls', then I think we have jewelers who could create these items.

I don't think weapons are much in need nor armours.  However, hunter bows are always welcomed.

Rep items are favored by folks - especially Forochel, Angmar (Council of North), and Annuminas.  Those would be easy to gather in large stacks for prizes.

Other than the Slime, the Winged Dominance, there are also Rune of Evil Presence and some other difficult items to get.  I just don't know what folks need.

I also think that fun prizes are things for our homes, some masques from the festival, costumes of all kinds from gowns to pirate outfits, and other non-battle related items.  We need to be careful of some of these so they are not bound.  I think, for example, doormats are bound except for the ones from the Dwarven area.

Anything else someone can think of for prizes?  What would you wish for if it were a holiday?

Digger

Calmegil

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2008, 10:10:38 AM »
Well, Master Goodsong, I just happen to be a GM Jeweler.  if I can get the scrolls and shards with a list of what you wish me to craft, then I can get right to work.  Getting these Mats is not a quick and easy task, so any help in gathering them would be appresiated.  As for the ore, i can do that with ease.

Let me know what I can do

Thrilldonus

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2008, 02:51:56 PM »
I'm GM Explorer(tailor, prospector, & forester), and a half-decent burglar. However my skills may be use, they are at the disposal of the Great Hunt.

Digger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2008, 03:36:27 PM »
Calmegil,

You are a jewel, yourself.  Thank you.  I want to see if Aldramed or another GM scholar can make you those new ?Journals? or whatever that take a shard themselves.  These really boost your crit chances and stack with the jeweler scrolls too.  So both together give you a much better shot at critting the polished beryl recipes.

Please post a list of the resources you need to make up about 2 of each of the following Etched Beryl jewelry items:  rings, earrings, bracelets, necklace.  Include scrolls, recipes and a margin for not critting.  So if you are making 2 items, best have materials for about 4.  These would be grand prizes, I hope.  And I do see them selling on the AH for very high prices.  Hopefully, our kin will drool for them.

Mithasul, mighty hunter, that would be your first list of resources for our Party so Calmegil can get too it.

Cheers,
Digger

Cutholen

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2008, 02:27:12 AM »
I would be delighted both to participate in the hunt, and to make any journals that might be needed, if that would be a help.

Calmegil

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2008, 05:01:27 AM »
I have the Beryls I need.  Probably 4 full stacks of 50 in my chests at home.  I what I need from the hunt are

4 of each recipe
16 beryl shards
32 ancient silver ingots
16 Jeweler lore scrolls
16 master jeweler journals

This will give me roughly a 64% crit.  If I crit on more then 2 each, then we will have bonus items to give away.

The silver I can gather on my own pretty easily

Mithasul

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2008, 05:50:56 AM »
I looks like we have our first list.

How about spending a couple of ours this Sunday using the list provided by Staffen and hunting for shards?

That way we will get this out of the way and our great jewelers can start their craft.
How about this Sunday 8 PM EST?
If this interferes with round 2 of the Friday raid then we can look at a day during the week.  Any day better during the week?  I am pretty much open on the weekdays.

Next we will need Hosklar assistance to go to Uru and/or CD so if he can set a time that is convenient for him to lead and everyone else that wants to participate we can spend a couple of hours another day getting the class items.

Lastly, I am noticing some new members with some low levels and we might assist them in gathering craft materials.  I think this is the fun part as we can do this as a raid and really have some fun and help our kinfolk. 
If people are interested in participating in this please respond here in order to get an idea of how large the group will be.

At your service,

Mithasul Gray Wind

Staffen

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2008, 06:30:23 AM »
Sound good. Even during the week, a two or three man show could probably scour Angmar for shards pretty quickly I'm betting.

Alfrun can provide the ancient silver (I probably have some in the vault;) at any pace, I'll send what I have left. I'll send the ingots to Calmegil today :)

Truly,
Staff & Alf

Brianah

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2008, 07:00:29 AM »
Thanx to Palfo my Hunter Jazmynne was able to totally complete her class epic quests =)....Kudos little guy   ;D............I will help in a hunt if I'm available
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 07:27:13 AM by Brianah »

Digger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2008, 08:34:58 AM »
Tarlwyn will furnish the 16 master jeweler journals.  I can likely do this tomorrow on Friday.  I bet I will run short of beryl shards though.  So if anyone sends me a couple, they will go to making these journals for Calmegil.

Cheers,
Digger

Calmegil

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2008, 08:57:09 AM »
Sounds like we need a TON of shards lol