Author Topic: Rep items  (Read 2476 times)

Calmegil

• View Profile
    • I sing most backup and lead on Windsong
Rep items
« on: July 11, 2008, 08:54:10 AM »
I've discussed this with some of you in Kin-chat and I've been think a lot about this and believe this is a great idea...but I could be biased :)

I've gained Kinship status with several races and and locations but continue to collect rep items.  I got to thinking, what a waste to sell or even discard these items when I KNOW there are folks that need them.  The problem is...who needs them?

Here is what I would like input for:
1.  Collecting and storing the rep items for members to draw from.  I have my home filled with supplies for my crafting so that isn't a good place.  I have a couple of alts that are close to being able to buy houses, but that would only be temporary.  any ideas on this?

2.  Who needs what?  Having a list or a post just for needs would be helpful to get the items to who needs them.

3.  Keeping the stores stocked.  I'm not so sure that we would need to run hunts for these items as I collect a bunch just in general questing, either my own or helping others.  Even just deeding collects them.

4.  Who will run it?

For right now, I've been collecting what I get and storing them in my bank.  it would be great to get something going here so i can either dedicate a location to them or free up my space sending them to a new storage.

Any suggestions or comments?

Calmegil

Kethrandir

• Administrator
  • Auta i lome!
    • View Profile
Re: Rep items
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 09:40:49 AM »
Because there's such a heavy time investment required, I've taken the approach of focusing on one or two factions for each alt:  Kethrandir's working on Annuminas, Kerephor with Lossoth, etc.  Plus the usual race rep, which for most of my alts is Rivendell.

Organizing a way to get rep items to kin in need is a great idea.  One problem I see with kin drawing from a central repository is that supplies could easily be cleaned out by one person needing rep.  A stack of black badges is worth a solid amount of rep points, but many many stacks are needed to push someone very far along that reputation bar.  But I suppose this would prevent problems with storage overflow, as per the kin-hall chests =D. 

All of my alts (that would be Kethrandir, Kerephor, Kethorin, Kethras, and Ketho) are heavily into crafting at this point in time, so their vaults are at capacity, as is my house.  I should think there'd be plenty of demand for items, though, so once people know who has what available, those items should go fast.

The House of Keth:  Kethrandir (HTR), Kerephor (MNS), Kethuthir (WDN), Kethras (LM), Kethorin (GRD), Baema (CPT), Borage (BRG)

Hosklar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 11:37:35 AM »
I would suggest that we can probably clean our kinship chests of their armour.  While these items can be of great use, we can also do this service by appointment instead of filling up our kinship hall with armour that may or may not ever be used.  We can dedicate the one chest for full stacks of rep items, or I guess it could also include non-full stacks of the top rep item (First age relic, Elvish Relic, etc.).

Calmegil

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2008, 04:11:33 AM »
I think that is a sound idea.

Orophor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tinnu uin Galadhrim
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2008, 12:42:07 PM »
We cleared out a lot of space in the chest by the tavern league keg and I put in what few rep items I had in my vault. Feel free to add to it or take what you need. Remember, the kinhall is for everyone and members should expect that anything placed in the kinhall chests is there for the group.

Calmegil

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2008, 04:36:57 AM »
I have placed Rep items for both the Mathom society and Thorins Hall.  Not to many of each but every little bit helps.

So it looks like we have a place to deposit these items!  As you find them and have no need, remember...someone in our Kinship needs them so leave them in the Kinship Hall!

Calmegil

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2008, 04:19:19 AM »
Just a reminder to everyone!  if you collect rep items you have no use for, there are others in our kinship that can use them.  The chest by the large Keg in our kinhall is ready to receive your generous gifts :)

Cheers!