Author Topic: Mellegwanur List - Kinship Buddy List  (Read 4828 times)

Digger

• Global Moderator
  • Aiyee, tis a hobbit's life for me
    • View Profile
Mellegwanur List - Kinship Buddy List
« on: March 26, 2008, 10:38:59 AM »
Old Friends and New,

For many of us, there are lots of questions about our class, vocations, quests, and our kinship.  To aid new and old members of our beloved kinship, we have started a program of dear kinmates or Mellegwanur.  Older members should seek out new folks of similar class or vocations and ask them if they would like to be your 'mellegwanur'.  New members are encouraged to find a dear kinmate as soon as they can.

There are no specific duties, obligations, or rules about this.  As with all things we do, we want folks to make of this what they wish and need.  If you can't find a 'dear kinmate' or mellegwanur, just ask any officer to help you.  I, myself, am now looking for a minstrel new member to share some good times with and lend a hand as we learn from each other.  For older members, this is a great way to rediscover some things you might have missed.  For new members, there are a lot of valued kinship services that you will want to connect to and having a dear kinmate will be a big help to your enjoyment.  The one does not lead or direct the other at all.  The dear kinmate is just to share together the wonderful experience of Eriador and discover things together.

Please post your mellegwanur here so we can keep a list and help folks connect with each other.

Thank you,
Digger
a hobbit looking for a dear kinmate

Digger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mellegwanur List - Kinship Buddy List
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 10:03:35 AM »
I have the honor of being the mellegwanur for two folks: Rumper and Eldora.  I am looking forward to meeting with them and being of some help.  It makes a lil hobbit feel good to be needed.

Digger

Mithasul

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008, 12:44:57 PM »
Master Digger:

I am very glad of your offer and I am looking forward in advancing my skills with your assistance.  I would have stayed longer last night but the Lady of the House called for me and something I have learned is not to ignore the Lady of the House.

Looking forward to see you,

Rumper

Digger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2008, 01:00:40 PM »
Mellegwanur Mithasul aka Rumper,

I am really looking forward to learning from you as well.  And I might be able to enlist your support for some of my alts even.  So I see this as mutually valuable.

BTW: In our kinship we are a group of mature players who understand that real life always comes before virtual life.  So all of us have at one time or another had to drop what we were doing in the game and take up our real life chores and fun instead.  We don't feel bad about it because that is what we are supposed to be doing.

Cheers,
Digger

Staffen

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2008, 06:45:20 PM »
I would be happy to aide anyone! Staffen is willing! If anyone needs a captain's sword or direction, send me a tell, a note, or leave a message here.

Mahershalalhashbaz and I recently finished some business in the Great Barrows, in fact. It was good fun, and it would be a pleasure to help more good folk out!

Safe travels my friends!

Staffen of Dale
« Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 06:48:22 PM by Staffen »

Digger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2008, 09:39:09 AM »
Good Cap'n Staffen,

Would you please locate a young couple who recently joined our kinship and offer them your aid as their mellegwanur or close kin friend?  Her name is Endingwen and his starts with a K but I can't remember the full name.  They are a terrific couple and love the game but are new to both Lotro and to MMOs.  I joined them the other evening for a romp in the Downs and some talk later.  I know they would appreciate your friendship.

Let me know when you find them, good Cap'n.  And thank you for this kind favor.

Cheers,
Digger

Staffen

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2008, 10:03:43 PM »
My good friend Digger,

I have contacted both Endingwen and Kethrandir, and they are quite thrilled with the gesture (It might be the ale I sent them, though.) I'll pay them close attention, with both captain's eyes!

Safe journey!

-Staffen of Dale

Digger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2008, 07:24:20 AM »
Thank you, my good Cap'n.  They are a delightful couple and will bring a lot to our kinship as they grow.  Now, who else has found their mellegwanur?  Our new folks do not know of all the things we of the Tinnu uin Galadhrim provide, and they will need your friendship to discover how we enjoy so many blessings.

Digger
busy all the time

Staffen

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2008, 06:37:20 PM »
I think this is a good idea and a helpful one in getting people engaged with one another. I'd hate to see the notion get lost. Both Kethrandir and Endingwen have been a joy to help (and be helped by) since they began a few months ago, and I know that if more people got involved in this kind of thing they wouldn't regret it!

If anyone would like to be a mellegwanur, or dear kin-mate, please let us know. Or, on the other hand, if you know of someone that could use a kin-mate "taking them their wing" to help them get started in Eriador let us know as well. As we take on new recruits that also happen to be new to the game this is a great way to show our colors at Tinnu-Uin-Galadhrim.

Truly,
Staffen and Alfrun of Dale
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 06:40:52 PM by Staffen »

Hosklar

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2008, 06:59:15 AM »
Aye, this is a great notion, and I guess I happen to do this under the radar most times, and don't make it public, or even official.  Since I recruited Jasminel (who happens to be a real life friend) I have spent as much time as possible with him.  Making armour, helping with quests, and advice, and so forth. 

I will seek out to do the same with others as well, and will try to keep this post updated with the progress.

Digger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2008, 08:43:04 AM »
Perhaps others are falling in the same habits as I am.  I find myself grouping and adventuring with the folks that I know best.  Sometimes they help me, and sometimes I them.  What I am not doing though is seeking out those in our kinship that I don't know and helping them.  I am going to change my ways and begin searching for new folks that I don't know too well to explore with.  The real spirit of this idea is to make new friends in our kinship.  I invite others to see if they can help me reach out to new folks more often.

Digger

Staffen

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2008, 05:50:23 AM »
I suppose it doesn't have to be a public decision or announcement or anything like that, but it is certainly encouraging to see and read about people helping each other out :)

Brianah

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2008, 07:30:26 AM »
I think Beleth or any of my alts can help a lil person when in need. I have no buddies that I can hug  :'(

Digger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2008, 08:19:16 AM »
Beleth, my dear friend and buddy,

Upon her return, Mistress Fellari found that much has changed, and I suspect that she also hasn't really found kinfolk who are eager to team up with her for just her things.  I know that she reaches out and gets help when folks are asked, including me.  So may I suggest you approach her to be your new Mellegwanur?  I think both of you would enjoy this.

Cheers,
Digger

Brianah

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2008, 07:48:44 AM »
Thanks Digs! I will contact her when she gets into game  ;D