Author Topic: Tinnu is transferring to Landroval on October 13th, 2015  (Read 4276 times)

Kethrandir

• Administrator
  • Auta i lome!
    • View Profile
Tinnu is transferring to Landroval on October 13th, 2015
« on: October 08, 2015, 10:05:27 AM »
Vyvyanne has announced that transfers off Nimrodel will become available Tuesday, October 13, 2015.  Details and best practices for individual and kinship transfers are posted here and here.  

I will be transferring Kethrandir (and therefore the Tinnu uin Galadhrim) from Nimrodel to Landroval (see discussion here) the evening of October 13.  Once the kinship has been reestablished on Landroval, I will post a notice in this thread that it's safe to proceed with individual transfers.  Look for that notice sometime in the late evening of the 13th, or possibly the morning of the 14th.  Please note that once Kethrandir transfers to Landroval, the kinship on Nimrodel will be dissolved.  Don't be alarmed!  We'll all be back together again on Landroval soon!

Please note that multiple options are available through the transfer wizard.  The  recommended two-step transfer order is:

• Step One:  Kin Leader, Home Owner, and Shared Items (all transferred simultaneously)
  • Step Two:  All Other Characters

In other words, the recommendation is to first transfer your home owner (just that single character), shared items, and any kin-leading alts all at once.  Once that process is complete, re-launch the transfer wizard and transfer all your remaining characters.  The prior recommendation from Turbine to transfer everything and everyone all at once has been implicated in some item losses, hence the two-stage process described above.  I strongly recommend that everyone review the migration guides linked above prior to transferring.  Again, if you intend to rejoin Tinnu on Landroval, please do not transfer any of your Tinnu alts (even your home owner) until the kinship has been reestablished on the new server.

Please post any questions you have in the existing LotRO World Transfers thread, located here.  The time for a deep breath and a leap is nearly upon us!  Make sure all your pies are safely stowed!

Keth
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 08:19:06 PM by Kethrandir »
The House of Keth:  Kethrandir (HTR), Kerephor (MNS), Kethuthir (WDN), Kethras (LM), Kethorin (GRD), Baema (CPT), Borage (BRG)

Digger

• Global Moderator
  • Aiyee, tis a hobbit's life for me
    • View Profile
Re: Tinnu is transferring to Landroval on October 13th, 2015
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2015, 03:12:08 PM »
As old Bilbo says, it's that first step out of your doorway that is the one that leads forever onward.  Time has come to move ahead.  Thanks, Keth.  Great post, good advice, and dashing leadership - all in one Tur.  Well done.

Digger

Orophor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tinnu uin Galadhrim
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2015, 04:04:10 PM »
I shall be away on the thirteenth but I wish safe travels to each of you on the great migration to Landroval.

O

Baridoc

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • SANET
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2015, 06:03:44 PM »
As old Bilbo says, it's that first step out of your doorway that is the one that leads forever onward.  Time has come to move ahead.  Thanks, Keth.  Great post, good advice, and dashing leadership - all in one Tur.  Well done.

Digger

I could not agree more! See all of you in our new home. Safe journeys, my beloved kinfolk!!

Peregard/Baridoc

Ariadan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2015, 04:51:58 AM »
Good friends,

I created a new friend on Landroval last weekend.  His name is Cricketbane and he's been scouting the lands of the Shire and Breeland in advance of your arrival.  Having asked the inhabitants of the land, he has discovered that there is a user channel called AlesandTales for some storytelling fun which he believes occurs every Monday night.

See you there,
Ariadan

Kethrandir

• Administrator
  • Auta i lome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2015, 05:49:18 PM »
According to Frelorn, all the servers will be brought down the morning of the 13th for an update to the in-game store, causing a conflict with our planned transfer.  As a result, I've postponed the kinship's transfer until the evening of the 13th.  My original post has been edited to reflect the new time.  I'll continue tracking the LotRO forums in case of any additional issues!

Keth
The House of Keth:  Kethrandir (HTR), Kerephor (MNS), Kethuthir (WDN), Kethras (LM), Kethorin (GRD), Baema (CPT), Borage (BRG)

Baridoc

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • SANET
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2015, 10:58:05 AM »
According to Frelorn, all the servers will be brought down the morning of the 13th for an update to the in-game store, causing a conflict with our planned transfer.  As a result, I've postponed the kinship's transfer until the evening of the 13th.  My original post has been edited to reflect the new time.  I'll continue tracking the LotRO forums in case of any additional issues!

Keth

Thank you, dear Keth, for this update. I'll nervously correct my calendar and Peri (soon to be PerE) will be ready to roll in the morning on the 14th!

All Hobbity Love and affection...

Orophor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tinnu uin Galadhrim
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2015, 05:57:55 PM »
Eager to hear how the move goes. May the valar watch over us all.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 06:01:46 PM by Orophor »

Kethrandir

• Administrator
  • Auta i lome!
    • View Profile
Transfer is in progress...
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2015, 06:04:49 PM »
I initiated the transfer of Kethrandir, Kethras (leader of Ainulindale, my personal kin), and my shared items to Landroval at 6:00pm PST!  I'll update all the various posts on these forums once the transfer is complete.

Keth

Update:  Still waiting to receive an email 1 hour 40 minutes in.  Endingwen is logged into Tinnu, and the kinship has not yet been disbanded.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 07:40:34 PM by Kethrandir »

Kethrandir

• Administrator
  • Auta i lome!
    • View Profile
The kinship has been reestablished on Landroval!
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2015, 08:15:50 PM »
The kinship has been reestablished on Landroval!  Transfer time was 2 hours 8 minutes.  Everything appears to be in order.  I'm on my way to Falathlorn to reestablish our kinhall.  

Everyone should now be free to transfer as well, following the guidelines referenced in the original post (above).  Safe journeys, and I'll see you all soon!

Keth
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 08:54:38 PM by Kethrandir »

Kethrandir

• Administrator
  • Auta i lome!
    • View Profile
New kinhall neighborhood: Eryn-e-Moth
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2015, 08:57:41 PM »
Our new kinhall has been established in the Eryn-e-Moth neighborhood of Falathlorn.  I tried to select one with a good selection of remaining standard and deluxe housing.  Whatever your choice in housing location, in whatever area of Eriador, I hope your search goes well!

Kethrandir-1 (still not sure what I'll do about my name...)

Baridoc

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • SANET
Re: New kinhall neighborhood: Eryn-e-Moth
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2015, 07:19:11 AM »
Our new kinhall has been established in the Eryn-e-Moth neighborhood of Falathlorn.  I tried to select one with a good selection of remaining standard and deluxe housing.  Whatever your choice in housing location, in whatever area of Eriador, I hope your search goes well!

Peri is on board!! I chose the name Perigaard since everyone usually calls me (him) Peri, and that way he can keep his nickname. Used the money given to buy a nice new Hobbit House, but the Escrow lady won't talk to me so now I'm nervous that I can't get my housing items back, some of which are precious to me! I will investigate further. Transferring Baridoc at the moment.

I am flustered! What a nerve wracking experience!

Peri

PS. My entire family is now on Landroval. Only Peri required a name change. Still investigating my housing items. Have put in a ticket with Turbine. We shall see.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 07:41:56 AM by Baridoc »

Endingwen

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2015, 08:10:08 AM »
Keth actually had that problem last night -- it looks like everything gets placed directly into a housing chest rather than going into escrow. 

Orophor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tinnu uin Galadhrim
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2015, 08:42:22 AM »
Amryth and I both made the trip last night. Only two of my house will need to be rechristened, the warden Celegaith and lore master Tatharwen. I was also able to keep the same address for my home in the same neighborhood as the kinship, just as it was with fair Nimrodel.

Baridoc

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • SANET
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2015, 09:22:54 AM »
Keth actually had that problem last night -- it looks like everything gets placed directly into a housing chest rather than going into escrow. 

As you already know, dear friend... you were totally right and all is well. Still a few settling in things to do... but everyone in my family is in our new home!! It went VERY quickly and smoothly. I'm impressed!!!

Peri