Author Topic: Holiday Gatherings  (Read 3008 times)

Tuiliel

• View Profile
Holiday Gatherings
« on: November 09, 2010, 08:01:49 PM »
Suilaid mellyn nin! We have barely finished marking the turn of the seasons to autumn (although I suspect that Master Goodsong is still celebrating the harvest with those giant kegs carried by his new pony). Time turns quickly, and before we know it, autumn will turn to winter and the holidays will be upon us. How shall the Tinnu celebrate? Caroling around Bree? Cocoa and stories in the Hall of Fire? Snowboarding in Helegrod? Share your suggestions for events and locations here. I shall be away the week of Thanksgiving, but otherwise I shall be around, so let's plan some fun gatherings!

Tuiliel, Lady of the Silver Arrow

Linett

• Linett Redfern of Bree ~ Ranna Dylin on My.LOTRO
    • View Profile
    • Linett's Lore
Re: Holiday Gatherings
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 05:55:53 PM »
Caroling sounds like a wonderful idea! I believe Mar Vanwa Tyalieva on Landroval did a wassailing event of that sort last yuletide, so their Fionnuala might have suggestions on how to arrange such an event...I am always up for storytelling too!

Endingwen

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2010, 10:00:35 AM »
I know several holiday songs on my trusty lute.  Too bad cooks don't have a recipe for cocoa :(

Linett

• Linett Redfern of Bree ~ Ranna Dylin on My.LOTRO
    • View Profile
    • Linett's Lore
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2010, 11:46:50 AM »
Oh, and I just peeked at the Yule festival on Bullroarer yesterday, and there's a nice new stocking cap and yule scarf that would be perfect for carolers...

Digger

• Global Moderator
  • Aiyee, tis a hobbit's life for me
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2010, 04:59:51 PM »
A couple Yules back, the Tinnu went caroling and gave out gifts (red hats and similar things).  What a crowd we drew at the Pony and Esteldin and other major places.  This was really fun for all of us.  But it would have been better if we had returned to the Kinhall for some private celebration and some stories (Yule themed, of course, but no St. Nick in ME).  Count my family in for this.

Lilly & Digger

Ainilome

• Angel of the Twilight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2010, 09:54:35 PM »
Have harp, will travel!  :D

Digger

• Global Moderator
  • Aiyee, tis a hobbit's life for me
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2010, 11:54:21 AM »
Some ideas to get this rolling:

1. Have tailors and scholars make up our hats.  We need something Yule-like and all wearing so we look like a group.

2. Open special thread to gather yuletide songs to play so we all have same ones and same versions

3. Consider having a Father Yule to pass out gifts which are crafted (food scrolls pots are good things) and low levels mainly.  (this was a rush last time we did it and we ran out of  space and gifts in no time flat.  The lines were awesome.  No a bad problem to have though)

4. Plan a celebration of just Tinnu and Allies afterwards so we have fun.  Gift exchanges are hard but fun to do.

5. Activities:  Yule stories in Eriador (5 min stories max);  Seasonal poems in char;  Shimericks (limericks with ME flavor) are really fun to. We once held a play-off of Shimericks.  Judges announced a theme, teams have couple mins, and then one team won.  On to next team.  Teams were 3-4 folks.

Now I am just about out of thoughts but I remember that early planned and early scheduled makes better parties.  Let's get this moving quickly so we don't lose folks.

Cheers,
Digger