Author Topic: Our Anniversary Celebration!  (Read 4727 times)

Digger

• Global Moderator
  • Aiyee, tis a hobbit's life for me
    • View Profile
Our Anniversary Celebration!
« on: April 06, 2010, 08:38:22 AM »
My Beloved Kinfolks,

We are going to have another anniversary, and this is a great opportunity for a fun celebration.  I have some ideas of things we can do that would be a good time for you and our guests.  However, I am in a puzzle about prizes for games.  Seems most everything now is either class specific or bound.  What kinds of things can we gather or make as prizes and gifts?

Please tell me what your ideas are for fun things to do and prizes.  I will write more as things take shape.   It is going to be a really good time for us all this year!

Cheers,
Digger

Kethrandir

• Administrator
  • Auta i lome!
    • View Profile
Re: Our Anniversary Celebration!
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 12:39:08 PM »
It's party time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :D

Re. prizes:  My sense is that the days of individualized high-end gifts (specific items, particularly crafted) may be waning.  There are just so many items in-game at present, so many subtle variations in items, class specificity, and level/rep. restrictions, that putting together these sorts of gifts for events may be onerous.  Too many non-stacking gifts can be a real stressor:  tough to craft, tough to store before the party, tough to distribute, and tough on everyone's bag space. 

But that doesn't mean we can't come up with fun gifts!  Alternatives would be:
- stacks of consumables:  athelas/celebrant, battle/warding scrolls, etc.  Everyone needs them, they can be crafted in bulk, and they tend to be pricey (even to make yourself), thus limiting the number most people have on them.  A 50-stack of top-end athelas is a mighty gift indeed.
- entertaining/RP items:  tasty foods, fun housing trophies, outfit items (party hats!), etc.  These can be one-off, or crafted/dyed in multiple colors to make each gift semi-unique. 
- gold.  I know it's boring and impersonal, but it's always an option for some events.

Keth
The House of Keth:  Kethrandir (HTR), Kerephor (MNS), Kethuthir (WDN), Kethras (LM), Kethorin (GRD), Baema (CPT), Borage (BRG)

Digger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 02:05:11 PM »
Great ideas, Kethrandir!  Food, scrolls, and all consumables are much needed.  And many folks like housing and costume items as well.  So this may be the path.  Some of these could be gifts and the more valuable could be prizes.

Thanks,
Digger

Baridoc

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • SANET
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 06:21:27 AM »
Please tell me what your ideas are for fun things to do and prizes.  I will write more as things take shape.   It is going to be a really good time for us all this year!

A party!!! How wonderful!! I'll direct Perigard to get busy with his jewelry skills, and Daffodile can whip up something using her tailoring skills!

The family is looking forward to it!!

With Hobbity affection to all....
Baridoc

Digger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010, 07:51:32 AM »
Baridoc and Kinfolks,

We will be giving gifts this time rather than all the prizes.  The few prizes needed are already done.  However, in giving gifts this has become difficult because so much of our crafted items depend upon a class (Hunter, Minstrel, etc.) to be valuable.  Even jewelry is now focused to specific classes for an item.  Additionally, as folks have matured in their characters, they have mostly acquired items needed which makes our giving things like armour and jewelry awkward.  Therefore, we are going to encourage folks to give something consumable such as potions, food, scrolls.  And along those lines for those crafts without consumables, items such as outfits and home decorations are usable by all.  If you don't craft, some very nice gifts can be purchased at low cost from vendors of outfits, housing items, and even barterers.  Just be sure to bring a gift for someone, and make it something that most anyone can use since we will not know beforehand to whom we are giving.

Cheers,
Digger
a dancing hobbit

Digger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Help Requested for Our Party
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2010, 07:56:24 AM »
We need the following roles and things to help get ready for the Anniversary Celebration:

1.  Greeters - we need several folks who will greet guests, welcome them, and offer refreshments.

2.  Refreshments - we really could use some good refreshments for the party if someone would handle this please.

3.  Photographer - finally, if someone would volunteer to take screenshots of this years celebration and post them on our website, that would be terrific.  I think we will make several good photo ops during the celebration, especially the dances.

Your generous help would be much appreciated.  Please post here or drop me a note in the game mail if you can help.

Digger Goodsong
a dancing hobbit

Baridoc

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • SANET
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2010, 10:26:34 AM »
Any of my family would be happy to help with greeting or photography.

Just let us know.

With all Hobbity affection
Bari

Orophor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tinnu uin Galadhrim
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2010, 10:02:43 PM »
Thanks to everyone that helped make it a great day of celebration for our kin.

O

Digger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2010, 05:15:48 PM »
I wish also to add my thanks for all the help and for the patience with our dancing.  :)

Digger

Kethrandir

• Administrator
  • Auta i lome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2010, 02:45:48 PM »
It was a terrific event!  I felt the duration of it was just right.  Obviously it was difficult to coordinate individual movements for the parade and dance, but so it goes.  I particularly liked the parade; such fun seeing everyone mounted and racing through my all-time favorite stretch of Middle Earth!  I was also heartened to see some old friends attend.  Here's to many more years of the Tinnu uin Galadhrim!

Members and Friends of the House of Keth
The House of Keth:  Kethrandir (HTR), Kerephor (MNS), Kethuthir (WDN), Kethras (LM), Kethorin (GRD), Baema (CPT), Borage (BRG)

Drogorn

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2010, 08:45:00 PM »
I am sorry I missed it.  I enjoyed looking at the photos and it seemed like it was indeed a fun time.  Only 2 more weeks left in this semester!  And I'll actually have a free-time again.  Hope to see you all soon!

Digger

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2010, 09:51:58 AM »
Master Drogorn, You Rascal,

I miss you too.  Hope all is well with the term and that your grades are awesome.  See you soon!

Digger