Author Topic: Timeline of Arda  (Read 2991 times)

Orophor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tinnu uin Galadhrim
Timeline of Arda
« on: June 29, 2007, 07:34:44 AM »
As a tool to help place my character's history in the lore, I often reference this timeline:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_Arda

I thought I would share it with the kinship in case there are any others that take special joy from tucking their own stories neatly into the greater stories Tolkien made.

Staffen

• View Profile
Re: Timeline of Arda
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 06:32:47 AM »
Good tool, Orophor! I've written a little on Staffen's background already, and I think I used this to get my facts/timeline straight. Without looking again, I think I decided he was born in 2981 (Third Age of course!) This would make him 20 by the time Frodo came into the possession of the One Ring, a relatively young Man.

I would certainly recommend everyone take a look!

Digger

• Global Moderator
  • Aiyee, tis a hobbit's life for me
    • View Profile
Re: Timeline of Arda
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 07:10:14 AM »
Fair and Noble Orophor,

History is so helpful, and your find here is truly a gift.  Digger is not very old as Hobbits go, but he is young, being born in 2980 by common reckoning.  His biography is therefore somewhat short having spent his youth in the typical Hobbit play and schooling.  However, he did benefit greatly from his parents association with Tarlwyn, a wandering elf from Lorien.  Digger is maturing quickly now that he is engaged in our great struggle with the darkness and things fell and foul.

Gen Hannon,

Tarlwyn